Skipping the Spider Ball: Metroid Quarantine ADiscovered by
- The goal here is to bring one of the Metroids with you to the top of the room, where you'll need to freeze it in the right position and quickly use it to Dash Jump to the ice door. A Metroid dies from 5 uncharged shots of the Ice Beam on Normal (after thawing from the 5th freeze), so you have to move quickly.
- Cross the Phazon Pit in the middle of the room. When you reach the other side, kill all but one Metroid if you haven't done so already; freeze the one left, then run to the first Bendezium wall by the Spider Ball tracks. Power Bomb it to destroy it, and the Metroid should thaw from the first shot during the explosion, but be too far away to get caught inside of it and blow up.
- Freeze the Metroid again, this time away from the second Bendezium wall. Power Bomb it and go past it to find a horizontal track acting as a bridge to the next ledge; jump on the thin bars directly above it, then Space Jump to the ledge to get by this track without the Spider Ball.
- By this time the Metroid has thawed from the second shot and will be aggressively following you. If it approaches and is about to attack, freeze it again and ride the invisible platform to the ledge above. Now you're at the top of the room where the missile expansion is. Space Jump to the thick horizontal bar shown in the video.
- After landing on the bar, immediately turn around and face the Metroid, who will fly at you and attack soon; wait for it to do so, then freeze it just before it grabs you. The Metroid should be suspended almost perfectly above the bar if this was done correctly.
- At this point, you should move to about the middle, then face the Metroid again and Dash Jump to the ice door. You won't make it with just the first jump, so use your second jump no longer than a second after the first to help keep the momentum until you land.
- If the jump missed or the Metroid died before you could do it, you can reload the room by going two rooms away and then returning here. Although the Bendezium walls will stay gone, allowing more time to set up the Dash Jump, there's also a drawback to reloading the room. This is in a form of a blackout that occurs, causing the room to be very dark whenever you visit it after the first time (at least to the Combat Visor; the X-Ray Visor is unaffected by it).
- You can also Dash Jump off of the Missile Expansion using the Scan Visor as shown below, but this is actually harder for most people because the Expansion is at such a bad angle. Since this Dash Jump uses the Scan Visor, it is only possible in the original North American version of the game (not in the North American Player's Choice version).