Techniques: Triple Bomb JumpDiscovered by
Triple Bomb Jumping is a technique used to achieve greater height than Double Bomb Jumping allows. In a Banks Triple Bomb Jump, the first bomb is "burned" or wasted in order to shorten the Bomb Stock refresh time. This shortened refresh time gives you two extra bombs to work with.
Here's how it's done:
- 1st bomb: With a full stock, put down a bomb and let it blast you into the air.
- 2nd bomb: As soon as you land, put down your second bomb.
- 3rd bomb: Right before the second bomb explodes, put down your third bomb as if you were doing a Double Bomb Jump. The bomb has to be placed before your stock refills or you won't have enough bombs to complete the Triple Bomb Jump.
- 4th bomb: After the second bomb explodes, put this one at the peak of your jump.
- 5th bomb: After the third bomb explodes, put this one just below the fourth bomb. Make sure you put it down while you're still ascending, not at the peak of the jump or on the way down.
- 6th bomb: After the fourth bomb explodes and knocks you up further, place the last bomb near the peak of your jump while you're still ascending; do it about 80% of the way up. If the timing of everything was correct, you will fall down into bomb 5 after placing bomb 6, which explodes and propels you to bomb 6, which explodes and gives you almost double the height of a double bomb jump. The timing of bomb 5 and 6 is tricky, so it's not unusual to have problems getting bomb 5 to hit you, and to problems with bomb 6 hitting you after bomb 5 does.
Pressing against a wall will allow you to delay the placement of the final two Bombs, resulting in even greater height.
Morphing out at the height of the Bomb Jump will give you a final height boost.
Examples of Triple Bomb Jumping include getting across Magma Pool without the Grapple Beam and Gravity Suit and Bomb Jumping over the Arboretum Runic Gate.