boss tricks: emperor ing
- Emperor Ing's third (adult) form may be defeated very quickly using screw attack.
- There are areas behind each of Emperor Ing 3's feet and underneath his body which will cause the boss to take considerable damage if the player passes through them while executing a screw attack. If the Emperor is on the ground, the player must screw attack underneath the Emperor's body and pass between his legs to cause him damage. A successful "hit" will cause the Emperor to be shoved backwards slightly.
- It is very important to realise that colliding with the boss will most likely cause this attack to fail. Paradoxically, you need to miss the Emperor's body entirely for this attack to connect; you are aiming for the areas behind his feet and under his body, rather than aiming at his actual feet or body; the "area-of-effect" of the screw attack will do the rest.
- Usually, a few good "hits" are required to finish off the boss if he is on the ground. However, if the player's timing and aim with the screw attack are good enough when the Emperor jumps into the air, a one-hit kill is possible; this is shown in the video.
- It is currently believed that this trick does not work in the Wii (Trilogy) version of the game.