Quick Strategies for Alpha Blogg
Discovered by: BoostR
- When the Alpha Blogg gets stuck in the wall after dashing, fire a charged shot at him (while locked on). This will cause him to dash again as soon as he escapes.
- Shoot it with a charged shot, then immediately start charging again and fire a super missile as fast as you can at his mouth, after a few he's dead.
- Remember to strafe away right before he hits you or you'll be a sitting duck.
- Alpha Blogg seems to have a major weakness to the Darkburst; one shot will take away a lot of health if you hit at the right time. It moves quite fast though, so it's hard.
How to skip the Alpha Blogg
NOTE:A video would be nice.
Discovered by: Tim/Matt/Ekarderif
The LOL Jump can be applied in a very difficult manner (harder, I think, than ghetto'ing in Industrial Site, but oh well) to actually skip the Alpha Blogg fight altogether, saving at the very least a minute or so. To do it, solve the puzzles like normal and go get the Gravity Boost, then go and enter the fight. After that, do these things:
- Lock on and stay behind or to the side of the Blogg, if you can. You want to be in a position where he can't easily turn and fire sonic blasts, or charge.
- Press Z to locate the exit door, or look around for the ledge high on the wall.
- You want to LOL Jump off the Alpha Blogg when it's to the side of this ledge; do it while it's swimming under the ledge, and chances are you won't be able to recover in time to not bonk your head.
- This is where it gets very tricky. Doing this jump off of stationary objects is easy, but the Alpha Blogg is a fairly quick creature, and you have to time it exactly right. If your Visor doesn't tilt down like you're moving over the boss, your jump won't carry you high enough to pull this off.
- If you successfully can manage this jump, use your added boost (try to time it yourself; when you start to settle back down, quickly punch B to activate your hover), and float up to the ledge. From there, float to the next highest ledge and exit.
Now continue on like normal. Skipping Alpha Blogg has no adverse effects on the game (it did lock up once for me inside Sanctuary Fortress, but I don't think this was a result of the skip), as I completed a full 100% game with the boss skip.
Added by: doninss
The A-Blogg skip can also be done using the... BSJ. It's quick, and fairly easy (single bomb BSJ). You can also use it to just ammo up. ;] The fight doesn't end (A-Blogg health meter) until you use the portal, or get half-way to the door to Hydro Shaft. The A-Blogg then appears back in his original pen. - Vid (outside link)
I should mention that I was trying to get a video of the LoL jump method above (and failing) when I noticed a bsj might accomplish the same end. I doubt I'd have made the connection otherwise.
If you're planning on spending as little time as possible down here, I recommend scanning the AB before the battle, when he's inside his little cage. It's in the room above, in the center. That thing that you go around while climbing the "stairs"? That's it. --SheeEttin 10:17, 19 Jul 2005 (CDT) Oh, and can anyone do a little research for me? Find out if it's possible to leave the room before getting the GB, by climbing up the center thing the AB breaks when it enters. you can stand on each of the segments individually.