Other: Secret Message
- The infamous Secret Message in Metroid Fusion is a milestone for any serious Metroid player. Follow the directions below and use the video above for reference, and you, too, can see a few lines of text.
- Begin just after you go through the ceiling of the tube in AQA II that you must first Power Bomb, then Missile to get through. Crouch to Shine Charge when you are on top of the Bomb Blocks. Immediately hit down again to Morph and lay a Morph Ball Bomb.
- If you didn't kill the large enemy by running through it as shown, wait for about two seconds before you Shinespark to the right to kill it (and preserve your Shine Charge for the first time). The timing on this is quite sensitive, as it will survive and collide with you if you Spark too early, and hit you with a projectile if you Spark too late.
- Begin holding B to activate the Charge Beam as soon as you have preserved your Shine Charge.
- Fall through the gap you created.
- Carefully run to the end of the block you land on and Spin Jump down to the floor below as shown. You will kill any of the fish that may have gotten in your way with a Pseudo Screw Attack.
- Shinespark to the right.
- After you are well into the next room, hit down again to Shine Charge. Make a very long jump to the right (there is a ledge that is difficult to see over there, and if you get caught on it, you will likely not have enough time to make it to the next room to Shinespark).
- Walk a bit to the right in the next room until you fall to the middle height area as shown. Immediately Shinespark to the right.
- Hold right to keep running through the tube. You've made a big circle.
- Be careful to press down to Shine Charge before you reach the end of the tube, or you might run into a fish, as almost happens in the video. You will be fine if you Shine Charge slightly before I do in the video.
- Fire to kill the fish, then run to the right.
- When you are about as far as is shown in the video, fire to open the door, then Shinespark to the right. Begin holding B to activate the Charge Beam.
- Now the real fun begins. Press down to Shine Charge almost immediately after you come out of Limbo (after the room is fully loaded). Hold right, and when Samus starts to walk again (getting up from the crouching position), make three fast Space Jumps up to the ledge above. The reason you need to avoid jumping when in the crouching position is that you will Shinespark instead of Spin Jumping, ruining your attempt to get the Secret Message.
- If you Space Jumped high enough, you may have killed the fish with a Pseudo Screw Attack. If the fish is still alive, it will either be on the left (directly above your head, as shown in the video), or it will be on the right. If the fish is on the right, you can optionally hold L to angle your gun up and then fire your charged Beam to kill it, but this is not necessary, in my opinion; the slope there is long enough for you to safely Shinespark into it and press down to Shine Charge long before you run into the fish. If the fish is above your head, you will have to immediately press up and fire your charged Beam to kill it, as you will run into it when you jump up in a moment if you do not. In either case, Shinespark to the right and press down to Shine Charge as shown. Hold B again, as well, to activate the Charge Beam.
- Hold left until you can see Samus start walking to the left. Again, if you start to jump too early (when Samus is still turning left), you will Shinespark, ruining this attempt. Make the single jump to the left, then immediately Shinespark to the left and press down to Shine Charge.
- This time you can safely begin by jumping to the left as shown in the video (without worrying about Shinesparking on accident). Make sure that your second jump is as high as possible and to the right, as shown, though, or you're definitely not going to make it to the next slope.
- Making it to this tiny, hidden slope and using it properly is the hardest part of getting the Secret Message. I developed a strategy you can optionally use which might make it easier on you.
- As soon as you Pseudo Screw Attack through the enemy and land, run to the right and begin holding B to activate the Charge Beam. When you see that you have fallen off of the ledge as shown, immediately turn and run to the left.
- You will run up against the leftmost edge of the slope. When you see that this has begun, Shinespark to the right. Try to press down to Shine Charge as soon as you can, as the slope is not very long, even if you start at the extreme left as I have instructed you to.
- As soon as you have Shine Charged, hold left to start Samus walking to the left, then make several Space Jumps up to the second to last ledge as shown in the video. You may Pseudo Screw Attack through an enemy on the way up there; this is normal.
- Shinespark to the right and press down to Shine Charge on this second to last slope. Continue pressing down and hold R to Morph and lay a Power Bomb, which will clear the dangerous area above of enemies.
- If the enemy is still alive to the left, Unmorph and release your Charged Shot to kill it, as shown in the video (but try to remember to activate the Charge Beam below so you don't have to wait dangerously long to fire as in the video!).
- By now the Power Bomb should be going off. Hold B to activate the Charge Beam, and walk back to the left and Shinespark to the right again, preserving your Shine Charge on the same ledge for a second time.
- Carefully turn to the left and Space Jump twice to reach the final slope. Once on it, you should immediately Shinespark to the left and press down to Shine Charge. Release B to fire, opening the door, and immediately begin holding B again.
- Hold L and run through the doorway. When the screen has gone completely black and the doorway is scrolling to the right, release the B button, but do not release the L button. When you come out of Limbo, you will automatically fire and destroy both of the fish as shown.
- Simply make final Spin Jump to the left, fire your Beam, and press Jump and hold left to Shinespark through the Speed Booster Block barrier, out of your containment in AQA II and into a tiny group of elite Metroid Fusion players.