Current Obstacles to Skipping Items
From M2K2: Metroid Prime 2 Wiki
Last Updated 06/26/06
- 1 Unskippable Items
- 2 Items which can be skipped, but not for low %
- 3 Notes
Light/Dark Beams, PBs, Missiles, Bombs, Light Suit
- All needed in multiple locations. Chance of skipping these is likely 0.
- Needed in Ing Hive Temple (a non-SA-SW in the Ing Hive Energy controller room would solve this)
- Needed to reach Emperor Ing
- One sky Temple key prevents this skip. A SW in the Dark Plain of Worship would solve this.
- Needed for getting Seeker Missiles
- Needed for beating the Spider Guardian
- Needed for getting Screw Attack
- Needed for Emperor Ing II
- Needed to escape Agon Temple after aquiring Bombs. Only a Secret World in the accessable rooms which requires Bombs would allow skipping of this item.
- Required for entering/leaving Agon
Items which can be skipped, but not for low %
- This may not be unskippable, but skipping it seems unlikely.
- The Dark Suit is required to skip the Annihilator beam.
Dark Suit and Annihilator
- Though it has yet to be proven, it might be possible to skip Dark Suit instead of Annihilator using MBI.
- Boost Guardian can be beaten using an early Power Bomb, so this would require skipping the Super Missile.
- Quadraxis has yet to be tested.
Gravity Boost, early Power Bomb and Super Missiles
- It is possible to skip Gravity Boost; Power Bombs are not required to do so.
- It is possible to get a Power Bomb expansion quite early.
- It seems possible to skip the Super Missiles, but has not yet been done.
- Skipping the Super Missiles requires an early Power Bomb to get the Lower Torvus key.
- It is necessary to get the main Power Bomb to have the Sky Temple key in Dark Oasis spawn, making it impossible to get a lower percentage this way.
- It is possible to get the Main Power Bomb early, but only after killing Chykka.
- Skippable Items are:
- Grapple Beam
- Space Jump
- Annihilator beam
- Gravity boost
- Dark Suit
- Super Missiles
- Echo Visor
- Cobalt Translator
- Emerald Translator
- Amorbis, and therefore the Dark Agon keys, can be skipped when skipping the Dark Suit.
- Returning the energy to Agon and Torvus can be skipped (but not Sanctuary; that triggers the Light Suit).
- The keys for the Ing Hive can be skipped by getting over the Ing Hive key gate blocking you from Quadraxis. (see Skipping the Ing Hive Keys)
- The Caretaker Drone can be skipped by getting the Screw Attack early.