1234 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
No, I am not back. I doubt I'll ever be. It's not as much the community's fault as it is Nate's. But that is not the reason I am posting. I have a dedication to the community that runs deeper than any vendetta.

So here it is. Perhaps the last big thing in Fusion. I hope you like it. If so, think fondly. If not, I hate you. But I probably hate you anyways.

http://www.metroid2002.com/ekarderif/ungodtogod.avi

I might be back; I might not. But it will never again be a social call.

Edit: Forgot what date it was. This is not a joke.
Thread title: 
soaking through
Woah....  Wow.  That is awesome.  Genius.  Shame it's useless.  :(
I like Big Butts and I can not lie
#haliluyah# i've been tring that for ages, and now, i can't beleive it's possible it's undiscribable
now i've done it on emu thanks to you showing it's possible
you've completed fusion to the max now i swear i mean:

0%
single wall jump
keeping a shine after jumping
meltdown thing
original double core-x shot
sa-x quick kill
resistant hatch
Ekard! <3
i like how he posted it immediately before i disabled the user accounts.

just because it's useless there doesn't mean it's useless everywhere.  hopefully the tas people and d.fangs are paying attention.

but i still haven't figured out what i did. surely he must have gotten my explanation for some things by now. if it's not like yoshi and he really does simply hate me, then i guess that could be an almost-sufficient explanation, but i mean, does he think that it's something that only he is affected by or something? surely your role as a hater, if you want your life to be constructive at all, is to say very loudly what you don't like, and then regardless of whether i care about it, if other people care about it, then i will have no choice but to care about it. at this point, i really haven't the slightest what he doesn't like. it could be this, it could be this, or it could be this, i have no idea.

if i were him, and i really hated me, once i found out how much i want to know, i would be sure never to tell me (yes, i know that sentence is abominable). but i guess we'll see.
soaking through
I don't think you should worry about it.  Maybe you should try and learn from it. 

*cough*

>_>
you're not being serious, right?
soaking through
I don't know.  Am I ever?  There are a lot of lessons here, though.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Ow, my brain.

See (and this is a wild tangent), this is why I hate people who think just because they're religious, they know whether EVERY SINGLE action is wrong or right. There's nothing in the Bible telling you exactly what do to about super confusing shit like this... even if it's God's word, it's trapped in a finite book.
soaking through
Wild tangents are what make life interesting.  ^_^

I know what you mean, though.  Two years of studying ethics has left me completely disillusioned with any ethical system ever, just because of crazy situations like this, in principle at least.
in the name of justice!
Heh, that looks totally nonsensical.  I mean it already obviously is, but...
Quote from nate:
but i still haven't figured out what i did. surely he must have gotten my explanation for some things by now. if it's not like yoshi and he really does simply hate me, then i guess that could be an almost-sufficient explanation, but i mean, does he think that it's something that only he is affected by or something? surely your role as a hater, if you want your life to be constructive at all, is to say very loudly what you don't like, and then regardless of whether i care about it, if other people care about it, then i will have no choice but to care about it. at this point, i really haven't the slightest what he doesn't like. it could be this, it could be this, or it could be this, i have no idea.

Okay, first off, this is either the worst day ever for this or the best day ever...in any case I feel that it may be inappropriate for me to not comment a little.  But then what do I know?

At any rate, after that mid-December debacle reached its climax, I encouraged Ekarderif to return...obviously I was unsuccessful, and though I've read his response to me many times since, I haven't ever figured it out.  Even when he was being relatively direct...speaking about "abuse of power" and such...I didn't really understand.  A couple days later, I quit the forum as well.  I felt like you were wrong, but over the next month, it  occurred to me that Ekarderif was wrong too.

I don't really know where I'm going with all this.  I feel like these enormous battles of wills all over the place...m2k2sda v. tg, m2k2sda v. bisqwit's, ekarderif v. nate, and to a lesser extent maybe even scu and m2k2...haven't benefitted anyone.  I don't know that anything can be done about any of this (especially when some ref equates SDA and the digitally published, no-power-on videos with cheating...i am sorry sir, forget you.)

I realize this isn't the place to air my grievances, but I don't think I will be posting at m2k2 anymore.  Part of it is this, which some of you may have seen, and honestly makes me feel kinda uncomfortable around here now.  I feel useless around here and I haven't played a Metroid game in almost five months...but most of all I'm just bored.  I'm sorry if I've somehow disappointed <strike>anybody</strike> everybody.

edit: nate, he did indicate that he received and pretty much rejected whatever it was you had to say to him, by the way.

figures that this is the only day ever that i can write a serious post.
red chamber dream
See? You're still the Fusion Guy.
doing a tas makes you uncomfortable around here? lol.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
You know, I always found this post by Zeke rather important during those rough times... that and Izo sticking up for me.
soaking through
I did what now?  >_>
This is....awesome!

Damn,there might be quite some cool things possible with this!
(Getting to Nettori before/after Hi-Jump/before Spider/skipping the Spider boss using single wall jump,maybe activating the emergency power is the thing which triggers all the events,so Space jump would be skippable using this? That would be awesome!) Even if it won't turn out useful for TAS-runs,it is still an awesome discovery.

I don't know crap why you left the community,so I'll just leave it be,but I am glad that you brought it up here :)
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from Izo:
I did what now?  >_>

Okay, perhaps not the best way to describe it. But you know what you did.
Quote from Yoshi348:
You know, I always found this post by Zeke rather important during those rough times... that and Izo sticking up for me.

You are my favourite crewmember! <3
.. apart from TRH ofcourse.
And mad homie love and restectpa for Ark too! If only because of his manly name.
l'appel du vide
Quote from Ekarderif:
So here it is. Perhaps the last big thing in Fusion.

8-)  Now there's some funky ass stuff!  Nice.
in the name of justice!
Quote from nate:
doing a tas makes you uncomfortable around here? lol.

oh, i am certainly aware of dragonfangs' work (i have not watched it).  although, at the time, i was quite angry with you, this is all my problem now.  even after seeing that thread, i doubted that you'd changed really...

to be honest, working on this tas, a game i loved so much but haven't played in ten years, is fun (except the damn ropes), but it makes me feel like a hypocrite in so many ways.

other than that stuff, the bigger problems are:
1) there are too many people who annoy me too much around here, and not enough ekarderifs to go around :P
2) my hanging around here is like 80% of the time stupid one-liners, and i just really don't know why i'm hanging around here 2-3 hours a day for that
putting those two together, it follows that in fact i am one of those people who pisses me off, and therefore...

i dunno.  maybe i should just freaking get over myself.
Quote from Spine Shark:
working on this tas [...] makes me feel like a hypocrite in so many ways.

how so?
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
so, this trick makes the TRO trap escapable?
First Sess now Ekard. Whos next?
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Lol, way to miss the boat.

And I guess, Spine Shark, if you've drifited out of Metroid or something, it can't really be helped, but... I'm having trouble feeling out how much of this is tas issues and how much is just mundane forum issues. (the inevitable decline in a forum's quality as time goes on, members moving on to different interests...) Basically, I don't like feel like I should have done something but didn't... and I know that while I can't really do much about the latter, I might feel like I was let down on my responisibilities in the former, depending on how the issue is.
Time bomb set get out fast!
Welcome back, Ekarderif, however briefly.  You've been missed; I hope in time you'll consider coming back for real.

I'm not usually the guy saying "Why can't we all just get along," because it's seldom that simple.  It's not my place to judge either side here.  But this thread has really brought home to me how sad it is that a community as creative as m2k2 keeps sabotaging itself.  My mouth was wide open the entire time I watched Ekarderif's vid (and for some time afterwards).  This is huge.  It's the sort of innovation that drew me to this community in the first place, and that might never have been found without it.  And I just find it so deeply depressing that this thread is more about the Nate/Ekarderif conflict than about the biggest thing to be found in Fusion since 0%.

Quote from Yoshi348:
You know, I always found this post by Zeke rather important during those rough times...

It's funny you should say that, because I was basically just venting some anger.  It was a pessimistic post, and while I stand by it, it's not the whole story.  The flip side is that clearly there is something of value in these online communities, or we wouldn't devote so much time to them.  You let your guard down, you get screwed -- but if you never let it down, what's the point?