<- 1234567 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Adron:
Why would someone openly admit to being stupid

Read the thread title. If you have something to admit, post it here(though i doubt that was the intention of the author however...)[/quote]

Oh... Rolling Eyes Um...yeah... BTW, getting banned by a guy because you banned him on your forums? That is the essence of all that is gay.
Time bomb set get out fast!
Wait!  Saber's a WHAT?  Since when?  Everything happens when I'm not around!

...Uh, I guess that's an admission too.
Quote from Adron:
Oh... Rolling Eyes Um...yeah... BTW, getting banned by a guy because you banned him on your forums? That is the essence of all that is gay.

gay? not seeing the connection ... unless you mean something kinky by "banned."
Quote from Zeke:
Wait!  Saber's a WHAT?  Since when?  Everything happens when I'm not around!

...Uh, I guess that's an admission too.

Dont feel too bad, i just noticed it when i went into a forum and noticed that Saber's name was in green. Although, a lot has changed in a while. Funny how 2 guys had their mod status removed because there wasnt many members to handle, then suddenly we get more members and Saber gets promoted!

Lets see that makes

*counts all mods*

6?? I could have sworn there were at least 6 before Saber became mod.

I really know that whole block-o-text should really be in the social topic, but it seemed sort of important...

Edit: How in Gods name do i end up having more simu-posts than before. Not counting Festivus.
Here's a good one.  I think I'm better than everyone.  Maybe not better, just wiser.  Just recently it started affecting my life.  I'll decide that someone is just way too immature, and they may not even be immature at all, and I talk down to them or just ignore them completely.  I'm also racist.

I don't know why everyone trys to be friends with me...

My internet personality is completely different.  Mostly because I can think about what to say before I say it.

I think it's me who's immature.
red chamber dream
There are only two mods currently - Saber and me. There are six admins - Nate, Radix, Toozin, Yoshi, TRH, and Tim. Total of eight positions of power here (well, eleven if you count the German mods).
shrimp
and white wine
Twelve if you count all-around cool guy Soap. :(

I am honest like George Washington on the internets, and mostly so in life too. I have no reason to lie.
Too many fangirls to count
Well, I expected to be banned. I guess I got off, then. >_>
I saw TRH's name in yellow and was all like, "They must have gotten a new moderator so as to keep the balance of the universe in check!" So I checked the forum management and was all like, "Oh, that guy with the capital letters." Yeah.

Err... confessions, right.  Um, I am totally neither a hippy nor a ninja.  Sorry to anyone who may have been under such a belief.
Quote from Arkarian:
There are only two mods currently - Saber and me. There are six admins - Nate, Radix, Toozin, Yoshi, TRH, and Tim. Total of eight positions of power here (well, eleven if you count the German mods).

Oops forgot Radix and Yoshi in my mental count Embarassed.

6 admins and 2 mods. Boy, i feel like these guys are now gods. Now ill have to be super careful not to do anything super retarded. Which basically means ill really be posting much less than usual.

Oh dear lord help me!!
Quote from MegaMyke:
Here's a good one.  I think I'm better than everyone.  Maybe not better, just wiser.

I kinda have that problem myself. Along with the temper thing.

You'd think a bad-tempered egotist would get banned after a week. But it's been 9 months and I'm still here.

Quote from Arkarian:

What's the difference between Mods and Admins? Aside from the name colours of course.  And why have both when all you really need is one? Like have everyone being Mods, or everyone being admins? (by everyone I mean the Forum Management usergroup)

I also admit to asking way too many questions.
直死の魔眼使い
A forum Moderator can only manage thread-related tasks, such as locking, editing, moving, deleting, and mass-managing.

An Administrator can do everything the Mods do, but have the additional power of being able to modify the forum itself, i.e. add/edit/delete forums, add/edit/delete threads, add/edit/delete users, and manage forum-wide configurations.
Fair enough, so why isn't everyone an Admin if they have all those extra abilities? Does it have something to do with the experience of a user with a position of power, or are there other factors?
experience dictates that power should only be given when absolutely necessary, i.e. when all hell will break loose if i don't do it (classes are starting again and my schedule this semester looks to be at least as insane as last's). also, power corrupts. there's nothing worse than losing a friend or loved one over something that you love.
I getcha. So extra admins are made in times of desperate need and when you can be certain that no-one will be corrupted by their power.

Seems like a lot of hard work keeping it all together.
Quote from njahnke:
there's nothing worse than losing a friend or loved one over something that you love.

So very true.  I've made and lost plenty of friends over my website for reasons I still don't really understand.  You never see it coming.  More and more I wonder if any of this online stuff is worth it.
I'm sure it's worth it. I mean, take this site for instance. All the users here are glad that it was made, and are all very grateful towards the people who made it possible. With that in mind, I'd say it's worth every bit that gets put into it.
See, that's what I try to think -- and then along comes something like the Sess/Scarlet explosion or this brouhaha about time attacks, and the flames are flying all over again.

At my forum, about a year ago, several of the most important members of the community -- people I considered friends -- started having problems with how I ran the site.  Rather than doing something crazy like telling me this, they formed a new community on LJ and gradually stopped coming to mine.  It wasn't until this had been going on for months that one of them finally told me a problem even existed.  More recently, I had to fire my XO because the issues from our relationship (which she simply ended, rather than talking to me about it -- see the pattern?) had become more than I could deal with.  This was devastating for me and I needed my friends on the staff more than ever -- so naturally, one of them immediately quit.  Again, no discussion and no warning; he posted his resignation at the forums.

You let your guard down, you get screwed.  It's life online and off.  But online life is the one you have a choice about, and that's why I sometimes wonder if I'm making the right one.  I'm sure most webmasters do.
Well Zeke, you get some people who are trustworthy, and will tell you how they feel. Then you get people who are total zazabi's and will betray you at the drop of a hat.

But think of it this way. You don't need people like that. People like that aren't worth bothering with. Instead, think of all the people who remain faithful to you and your site, who will stand by you when there are problems, and actually appreciate your existence. Think of it that way and it all seems worthwhile I think.
Cook of the Sea
Online is simultaneously worth it in ways beyond anything anyone ever imagined and not worth it in other ways beyond anything anyone ever imagined.
Online in general is beyond anything anyone ever imagined. Saber puts it pretty well.
Ill admit a third thing(boy do i have alot): i have to admit that my preferences to things will rotate continuisly(sp?).
Didn't you just admit that in the Pokemon Gold topic?
I'll be back. Maybe...
Well... I have a habit of doing really stupid things and not realising until far too late. But you probably already noticed that.
I'm highly arrogant.  Far more than anyone knows.

example

Also highly realistic and idealistic (yes, at the same time: things suck, but there's no reason they couldn't be better), logical, and reserved, which balances it out nicely.  I'm a prick and you never know it.  But if you play cata... yeah, there's only one person at my skill level at all, and thankfully he's slightly better than me.

So yeah.