1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speedrunner
I found much easier way complete hall of combat mastery without spider ball.

When you use single bsj opposite spider track and continued jump screw attack over spider track.

This method is much easier than S_E or Sparky method, but theoretical it is probably little bit slower (3-4 sec). But it is much easier way complete this hard room fast enought if you don,t have enought skills or luck.

I never can complete S_E method but this my new method is pretty easy. I can complete that very easily.
Thread title: 
You don't go into the secret world?
Speedrunner
Quote from doninss:
You don't go into the secret world?

NO secret worlds!!!! grin new

My method is simply bsj and screw attack across spider track. I don,t use secret worlds.
I think this method might already be known... or maybe I found it myself and just forgot to mention it because I hate Echoes. Who knows.
Speedrunner
Nice man you founded that before me. :P

But anybody don,t never mention that trick here. When you watch metroid2002 main page there read only one method.

http://www.metroid2002.com/echoes/without_spider_hall_of_combat_mastery.php

But well this is very good method on single segment run. Because morph jump is extremely randomly.

I am still pretty proud because i found that without help.  grin new
Oh, wait. "Hall of Combat Mastery." I was thinking of something else completely. Sorry.

IIRC, it's just a ghetto jump then an instant unmorph to get over the spiderball track. I honestly never had a problem with it... but I do remember an annoying Quad right near the track. Whatever works for you, though.
Speedrunner
Well. I can du instant unmorph trick 0% of the time. I trying that almost one hour but it don,t never working. I tire try that.

But today i find single bsj assist screw attack jump. It was actually pretty easy for me.
Bananas GOOD, Kremlings BAD
I believe that the reason why the ghetto/MIM technique is ONLY listed is that you don't HAVE screw attack yet at that moment in the game.
Speedrunner
Quote from tjp7154:
I believe that the reason why the ghetto/MIM technique is ONLY listed is that you don't HAVE screw attack yet at that moment in the game.

Actually you have screw attack and power bomb. Wink
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
not on the first trip...
Is it possible to have spider ball going that way? (Toward the elevator first time.)

I'd forgot that this tunnel was so short (hence no SW).

Edit: It's not really random (the ghetto mam). The timing is just very precise. The first time I got it (after many failures) was after reading (and having sink in) "pulling back with the first jump". I still couldn't do it reliably, but I did finally do it. I just now re-read the description, and something else finally sunk in that seems to have made it much easier to do reliably. "It's important not to touch the track once you start the jump, until after you hit X."
Speedrunner
I think ghetto method is still randomly because S_E miss that 8 times on his run. S_E have extremely skills and he miss that many times. But he don,t still restart game.

My method is easier. Wink

And piccolocube what you mean when you said not on the first trip?

I think your must be pass that room only one time (after early PB expansion) just like S_E run. And you have early screw attack before that room. Wink

S_E have screw attack but he don,t use that method. He use that ghetto method and he miss that 7-8 times.
Bananas GOOD, Kremlings BAD
On the first trip to Hall of Combat Mastery, that spider ball track is passed over and the portal is taken instead.  At this point in the game, the last major item acquired was the Dark Visor.  After HOCM that first time, the Watch Station SB's are done and the screw attack is acquired next.
Quote from MASTER-88:
I think ghetto method is still randomly because S_E miss that 8 times on his run. S_E have extremely skills and he miss that many times. But he don,t still restart game.

My method is easier. Wink ...

S_E have screw attack but he don,t use that method. He use that ghetto method and he miss that 7-8 times.

That was the bot-hop seg. He was as nervous as a hooker in church. The segment was full of "silly mistakes" after Grand Abyss. s_e let it go because of the difficulty of the GA trick. I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut he could do it first try with retries. (Sparky got it in one.)To me, random (pseudo random) is like EV skip. No amount of skill can guarantee the Ing will cooperate first time. I would describe the HoCM ghetto mam as very difficult, but not random.I do agree though, your new trick (good job!) is potentially easier. Even if it isn't (perceived difficulty is far from objective), it's another method in the toolbox. "Alternatives are good."It can also be done with a ghetto rather than bsj, which saves some time. (It's still a bit slower though.)Edit: ghetto SA silly vid
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
alternatives are helpful for players who can't do the standard trick easily

i remember when i used the echoes dash to get the sjf in mp1 because the regular method was impossible for me at the time.

i wonder if that was s_e's only robot hop segment or if he made it more times. seems so full of mistakes that i bet he took his first or second try segment.
(user is banned)
Quote from MASTER-88:
I found much easier way complete hall of combat mastery without spider ball.

When you use single bsj opposite spider track and continued jump screw attack over spider track.

This method is much easier than S_E or Sparky method, but theoretical it is probably little bit slower (3-4 sec). But it is much easier way complete this hard room fast enought if you don,t have enought skills or luck.

I never can complete S_E method but this my new method is pretty easy. I can complete that very easily.

That is very cool grin new  Wink
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Umm... was there any reason you had to do that? Any at all? Do we care? At all? You're going to need to say something more than "lol that's cool" if you want to contribute here.