vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Yoshi348: 2007-11-21 01:22:29 am
Quote from People:
What is HBA?

HBA stands for Houston's Big Adventure. Its the "Maru Mari Game" (if you browse M2K2, you should know what maru mari is), so to speak. Houston is finaly thrown into his own adventure, which takes place between Metroid 1 and Metroid prime (You can see where it happens in the comic, quite obviously as well). Its an Adventure/RPG game. The best way to put it, is Metroid + FF6 + Maru Mari = HBA.

Yeah, thats right... Another topic for HBA... People keep asking for screen shots for HBA, and i always have to hunt them down and post them, so im just going to make a thread to direct people at. I'll only update this post with new screenshots/movies to keep things simple.

Quote from Houston:
HBA is going to be a lot like other metroids, as you will have alot of freedom. it was in my original plans to have enemies veiwable on the world map. You can avoid them in more ways than one too, you can run around them, lure them to areas, and even jump over them. Even though its an RPG, its going to be alot like the rest of the metroid games. there will be alot of exploring and back tracking, you can choose to avoide fights, and so on and so fourth. theres also 4 endings, each endings a different picture. theres one for any time any % items, under x hours (havent decided yet) any %, any time and 100%, and under x hours and 100%.

I'm sure there was other info/messages i posted, but i dunno where they are, and im to busy with HBA to hunt them down... so yeah... if you find one, let me know.
--------------
Quote from People:
What are you using to make HBA?
RM2K3
Quote from People:
When will it be done?
My original plan to have it completed by christmas was a complete flop. The missile system totaly screwed me up, and proved to be a stressfull blockade for many months. However, now that that's out of the way, I don't have much challenging stuff to do. When will it be done? Still can't say for sure. But rest assured, it is still being worked on.
Quote from People:
When is a demo going to be / Will a demo be released?
There will be no playable demo.  If we released a playable demo, people could be able to look through the files, or open the game in RM2K3 and spoil large ammounts of the game for themselves (and possibly other people.) HBA won't be released untill a final draft is ready to avoid spoiling the game in any way possible. We've released enough information already. If we release any more, there won't be a whole lot to "wow" you on your first time through.
Thread title: 
Aw, there should be like 3 options for running away. Otherwise, keep up the good work! And bring out HBA soon!
HBA is going to be AWESOME!!!
Quote from Houston:
it was in my original plans to have enemies veiwable on the world map

Does that mean your plans have changed?
I dont think he means that since there were enemies shown.
Quote from Wassup Dawgs:
Quote from Houston:
it was in my original plans to have enemies veiwable on the world map

Does that mean your plans have changed?
Someone suggested that I dont have random battles, but rather have enemies veiwable on the world map, and it was a part of my original plan to have the enemies on the world map. 

...Its late, go away.
I'll be back. Maybe...
Could I have an avi or mp4 or divx version of the weapon teaser: my wmp is broken
直死の魔眼使い
Use BSPlayer or DivX Player or Media Player Classic (go to the Run prompt and type mplayer2 and press Enter). Those will play WMV files.
Viking
Precursor
Quote from Houston:
Someone suggested that I dont have random battles, but rather have enemies veiwable on the world map

I think that was me ^__^

Random Encounters are -this- annoying.
Random encounters are annoying but one question. Do the enemise move around the area like on Mario RPG or do they just saty in one place?
Quote from Electrometer Prime:
Random encounters are annoying but one question. Do the enemise move around the area like on Mario RPG or do they just saty in one place?
They run around... why the hell would they just stay in place?
soaking through
Maybe they all have IQs of less than 1.  The normal Metroid monsters all seem to be quite mentally challenged anyway.  I mean, what must go through a Geemer's (or whatever they're called) mind?  They just keep crawlin', round and round and round, until they get shot by the evil yellow/purple/orange person.  So I suppose they could go round and round and round...

I'll just crawl back in my box now...
Quote from Namu:
I mean, what must go through a Geemer's (or whatever they're called) mind?

Your close, They are called Zoomers.
Viking
Precursor
Quote from Namu:

There's both Zoomers and Geemers. Right now I can't remember which is which, though.
Quote from KennyMan666:
Quote from Namu:

There's both Zoomers and Geemers. Right now I can't remember which is which, though.

Orange= Zoomer
The other color(Cant remember)=Geemer
Not impossible
just highly unlikely
Quote from KennyMan666:
Quote from Namu:

Orange= Zoomer
The other color(Cant remember)=Geemer

Actually, I'm pretty sure that up until Prime, Zoomer and Geemer were interchangeable, like Rio and Reo. The different colors are just different strengths of Zoomer/Geemer.
soaking through
How the hell do you carry on a quote tunnel?  Anyway, I always thought that the fast red ones were Zoomers, and the slow greeney bluey ones were geemers.
There is a button that looks like this on the top right corner of a post.

Click it.
soaking through
There is a button that looks like this on the top right corner of a post.

Click it.

Teehehe...

Thanks a lot.
Hahaha how awesome is the Ice Climbers song with the trailer
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from SpecialK:

LOL...

I read that, and I was like, what the heck is he talking about? Then I started thinking... and I'm like, oh, yeah, that trailer! That's the damn music I remembered but couldn't figure out where it was from!
Quote from SpecialK:

Woah! Shocked  It is the Ice Climber Song!  I just figured it out.
Trailer looks excellent. Should be proud of yourselves.

A question: How far are you in development?
90% of the planning is done, 95% of the equipment is done, 15% of the maps are done, 1% of the enemies are done, world map item system 37% done..... Those are all rough estimates :P
Something just occured to me: If HBA follows the Maru Mari schedule, then I'll probably be telling my grandchildren about how great the game will be when it comes out.