1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Yeah.
Just started developing my Super Metroid hack.
There's nothing incredibly awesome yet, but I've done the map.
I've counted everything, took notes, and I'm 100% sure there isn't any part in this map where the player could get stuck, run out of missiles on a room with no enemies, or get trapped somewhere.

The grid is there only because that way I know what screen is what in SMILE. One Map-block is 16x16 blocks (one block is 16x16 pixels), and the map consists 100 map-blocks, with quite a few of them completely filled, therefore unviewable and unexplorable.
Here's the map. Note that the player starts from the Map-block 9-D, Spore Spawn is in room 3-J, and Torizo and his bombs are in room 10-E. (if
rows are numbers and columns are the alphabet)

One pixel in this map equals one block in the game.

Zoom to 1600% for the real size.

Ideas are welcome.

EDIT: The subtitle is not final =P
Thread title: 
Stuffs. Yar.
Looks interesting. If you want someone to test it, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll just wait eagerly.
As long as it's not as difficult as SM Impossible...
laugh new  it definitely isn't.
I plan on focusing on the level design and trickyness more than on the overall difficulty, so don't worry about that.
i'll play it. is this supposed to be similar to MII? looks good. just dont make us do any acid/lava/heat runs in the power suit. i've had enough of that for a few months  laugh new
Metroid Exp: Exploration - Great, Skills - Decent
Any progress on this hack, or has it been forgotten like the subtitle says? laugh new
Well, I've got good news and bad news.
Bad news: The hack has been frozen over until the new release of SMILE, and because I haven't been able to access my computer.
Good news: Icegoom is willing to help me with the graphical modifications. Keep a lookout for a sexy new Spore Spawn!
Well I hope finding a new passageway (in order to move forward through the game) isn't going to be as hard as finding the X-Ray Scope in Impossible. laugh new
Metroid Exp: Exploration - Great, Skills - Decent
The X Ray scope in Impossible is near useless cause its found so late, accoring to saturn.

Back on topic:

I love the idea of a newer, more updated looking Spore Spawn and other enemies as well.
SAMUS ARAN RULES
how about the phazon suit for gravity
OMG FLAN!!!!!!!
That's gotta be the most pointless bumps ever in the history of M2K2. lol

This project is LONG dead if you look at the dates of the posts. Plus the fact that you would've found it about 10 pages back. I'm sure Ach or someone else will lock this anyway.
Destroyer of Pirates

MEGA BUMP ATTACK!!!
(user is banned)
Breathe in the Future, Breathe out the Past

WHO HAS AWAKENED ZORFNOL?!
ZORFNOL DEMANDS ANSWERS!!
Yo.
Acclaimed Threshold
Constant Sorrows
Wow, okay, no. That little message that pops up when you try to post in an old thread? You should really read that.