1234 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Poll:
Poll (hidden)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
What is your favorite Metroid game?
Classic Metroid (0)
Metroid II (3)
Super Metroid (34)
Metroid Prime (31)
Metroid Fusion (6)
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
I'm going Prime. I haven't played 2 and Super.
Thread title: 
Not impossible
just highly unlikely
I give Prime my love. Not that the rest aren't great (*cough*exceptfusion*cough*), and not that Super doesn't equally deserve to be called "the best", but hey... I gotta go with Prime. Just because.
we're not biased.
Super.  Edges out Prime solely because of the music.  Says a lot for Prime.
Super was the first Metroid game I played (yeah, I got in late.) And well, the first one is usually the one that I best remember.
prime was the first metroid game i really played. i guess i got in late.
I technically got in the game late as well... I didn't start until playing (and beating) II in '96, two years after Super's release.  Beat Super in '98, Prime and NES in '02, and I don't care about Fusion at all.
Prime, as much as I love super metroid (and i do love super metroid) Prime is the game that is my fave of all time, I've never been so amazed at a game as much as prime made me go "WOW".

Metroid  II was my first metroid game btw.
I voted Super Metroid, but it's equally as good as Metroid Prime!
Samus Lauren
I was completely blown away by Prime. I just had to vote for it. Fusion and super are up there too.
I voted Super, as I have never played Prime. When Fusion is 'blown up' to fill the screen on my computer - being emulated, It doesnt look as good. And while fighting any 'big' boss, it runs as slow as hell!
i don't think it's a very good idea to judge a game based solely on playing it in emulation.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from njahnke:
i don't think it's a very good idea to judge a game based solely on playing it in emulation.

I don't think it's a very good idea to play a game solely in emulation, period. Especially if it's a game that could be rather eaisly acquired. Theif.
As I have been signed up for just a few days, and just read the "Rules and announcements" I have decided not to fight back, but explain why I am emulationg it. I still goto school, have no part time job, and got a computer last year for au$712. I still have $300 to pay off, and already have Super metroid for SNES. I am trying to find Metroid(NES) for my NES, and Metroid(GB) for when GBA and "Fusion" come down in price. And if it makes you feel any better, It isnt and probably wont be able to be emulated at all!!!
SuperMetroid

Da Bezt Game Evva!

/MB
Well, my favorite game of all time is Metroid Prime but if you asked what my favorite Metroid game was I'd have to say Super Metroid.  I know that doesn't make much sense but I think of it this way: if you ask what my favorite game out of all of the Metroid games are, I'd say MP, but if you ask what my favorite Metroid game is, like, the game that best represents the core of Metroid, I'd say Super Metroid.

So,
Best Metroid game: Super Metroid
Best game of the Metroid titles: Metroid Prime

Alright, so it still doesn't make sense. :(  I suppose I'll just have to say I can't decide.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Nah, I sort of see what you're getting at. But nobody would understand without that explanation.
Legend of Dragoo-

*koff* >_> <_< I mean uh, Super Metroid.
Super Metroid. By far.
I voted for Super. M2 was the first one I played, but SM is much better.

Classic game
I'm with you, Chozo Nut, Super Metroid thrashes the hell out of anything out today.
super was definately the best SNES game, but i gots to go with MP just because the phazon suit and plasma beam were so awesome. (I know the plasma beam was in SM, but it wasn't as cool) Oh and also the gravity suit was PINK in SM! PINK I tell you!
super...

although ive never even seen metroid 2 in a store...let alone played it. mainly cuz im poor, but meh...i think of 2 looking alot like zelda 2...sadly theres no emoticon that can describe my laughter when i think about zelda 2. haha

ill d/l 2 someday.
Not impossible
just highly unlikely
Don't hate on Zelda 2. It's better than the first, imo.
You are all fools!  Prime reigns supreme!  I suggest we do a poll between prime and super.  Keep in mind: there are no right answers, but  prime is better.

by the way, who the hell voted for fusion?