1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
the upgrade to phpbb 2.0.20 broke quoting when you supply a username. i have no idea what could be wrong, as we are supposedly running 2.0.19 again now and it's still not working. so for now, please use
Code:
[quote]blahblah[/quote]
rather than the usual
Code:
[quote="username"]blahblah[/quote]
Thread title: 
it involves this line from includes/bbcode.php:
Code:
$text = bbencode_first_pass_pda($text, $uid, '/\[quote=\\\\"(.*?)\\\\"\]/is', '[/quote]', '', false, '', "[quote:$uid=\\\"\\1\\\"]");

[quote="username"] is not getting replaced with the longer form that is stored in the database (quote:id=username). unfortunately, i have checked the unmodded source from phpbb.com, and that line is identical. so it's probably some mod reused a variable somewhere and i have little hope of tracking it down in short order. grenola, if you're reading this, another set of eyes would be greatly appreciated.

edit:
Code:
mysql> select * from phpbb2_posts_text where post_id="135364";
+---------+------------+--------------+--------------------------------------+
| post_id | bbcode_uid | post_subject | post_text                            |
|  135364 | de7250bc60 |              | [quote="nate"]p00p[/quote] |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Code:
+---------+------------+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| post_id | bbcode_uid | post_subject | post_text                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           |
+---------+------------+--------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|   94719 | a9844e18fe |              | [quote:a9844e18fe="Spine Shark"]naw, he said that here too.

besides, it's fusion.  you HAVE to be disappointed in the run.[/quote:a9844e18fe]
I know Mr. Aran said it here.  I was referring to the link SAL posted.
And, perhaps that is what Sparky meant - he was disappointed in himself for stooping to play Fusion.  I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm not a Fusion hater.  It's not my favorite game in the Metroid Series (<3 Prime), but I think it's a fun game to play.  It would be even more fun if you could skip your chats with Adam, but that's a minor point IMO. |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

edit again: here's a cool site that may be of use:
http://www.phpbb.de/doku/xref/nav.html?_variables/index.html

edit 3: here's some docs on the bbcode processing:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=23296#23296
narrowed the problem down to includes/functions_post.php. replaced with the 2.0.19 version and it's working. can ctrl-f for functions_post.php here to see the change. for some reason patch didn't leave .orig files for some of the files it changed so i had no idea there were even changes to that file until i compared files referenced in the .patch and files with .orig on the disk (that's why i didn't find the problem when i tried reverting to 2.0.19 by rolling back the .orig files earlier today). imo the hardest part is over and i can concentrate on debugging their new code now.
Well, if it helps any, I made a "quote-username" post @ 2:32 PM Central Time, which failed - and a "quote-username" post @ 4:32 PM Central Time, which quoted correctly.  So, whatever you've done in the last 2 hours seems to have fixed things.
right, it was includes/functions_post.php. everyone will need to edit their profile in order to have quotes in their sig get processed. just go here and click submit and it should work.
while i continue to work on a solution, there is a workaround: simply check "Disable HTML in this post" to restore quoting functionality in that post.
the input going into the bbcode processor in 2.0.19 was:
Code:
[quote=\"username\"]quoted text[/quote]

while in 2.0.20 it's:
Code:
[quote="username"]quoted text[/quote]

this is because addslashes() (a php function they're using as of 2.0.20 for html safeing) does not see the need to put a slash before " (and why would it?). i can only assume this is a php 5 incompatibility, since it revolves around a php function (rather than a phpbb one). i have implemented the following solution:

change (line 67)
Code:
		$message = addslashes($message);

to
Code:
		$message = addslashes($message);
		$message = preg_replace('/"/','\\"',$message);

now to dummy edit all the posts made during the bug's reign ...
not really sure what your talking about but i'm glad it's fixed! :D
ladies and gentlemen, phpbb flickerbatted us over!

have a look at this topic:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=380755

i especially like how arnaud.lb came to almost the exact same solution i did - last friday!! guess i'll want to check the phpbb.com support forum first the next time something breaks ...

edit: here's the official bug, which they say has been fixed "in cvs" (leaving users who installed or upgraded up till then up a creek) ... but apparently hasn't! i thought my respect for phpbb could not get any lower, but you can guess what they just managed to do today!!
>_> ...er so is it fixed?...
as far as i can tell. you can guarantee that i will be a hell of a lot more careful applying phpbb updates in the future. i thought that it would be safe if i waited several days after the update was released (as they screw it up every single time), but no! leaving holes in the code for days is acceptable! thanks for giving open source software a sparkling good name, phpbb!!!!
hi nate,

I'm sorry I haven't been around to take a look at this, I know you don't really have the time to be mucking about with this stuff. My hands are tied to some extent for the forseeable future owing to the fact that I'm going to have to move house again some time in the next two weeks.

(udplode is probably about 50% done btw).

also, phpbblows. I might even register phpbblows.com and point it to their site.

good job anyway.
as with any volunteer work, i am grateful for what you do, rather than disappointed in what you do not. clearly the fault lies entirely within phpbb in this incident.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Still think everything else is even crappier crap (or costs money)?

And I'm still amazed that you actually get what you pay for in a computer software industry.
the question is not whether something else is better but whether the opportunity cost of converting this forum to something better is worth the time saved. we're not there yet, but after yesterday, we're definitely closer.
Not impossible
just highly unlikely
Let's make a new forum. With blackjack. And hookers.
Don't forget the open bar.  Open bars ROCK.  Make sure not to forget the reposado tequila, por favor.
I'd also like a special feature where every Wednesday night, you can choose between 20 buffalo wings for $5, or loaded nachos for $4.  Or, BOTH for $8.  That would be awesome.
So, on this new forum, would we still have to talk about Metroid?  Or could we just partay all day and all night?  Twisted Evil
You ruined Toozin's "quote" of Futurama there Monster.
In fact, forget the blackjack.

There, fixed.
soaking through
And the forum.

Tsk tsk.
Quote from kwinse:
You ruined Toozin's "quote" of Futurama there Monster.

Well, pardon me for not knowing that his post was a line of dialogue from a show which I've watched about twice in my entire life.  Rolling Eyes