1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
What scans can be missed in this game? And should I beat the game in under 100% first? Someone told me you get a spiral icon for under 100% and a golden one for 100%? Does this mean I can get both?
Thread title: 
i think you can miss all the scans in the game. dont know about gorea, but everything else can be scan-prevented...but of course...you need to scan all the computer things inorder to activate portals, shields, etc. but i dont know about the other one, i havent beat the game yet
I meant scans that you can't get later....like the octolith.
well you didnt mention that in your post... and yes, you can skip those, i think.
For goodness sake. You can skip every god damn scan ever.
but you CANT skip the scans that are aquirred to open portals, shields, and other stuff. i actually have no idea what he is saying, so i dont know, but you cant skip those...
Anywhere, everywhere
Lets see...

All bosses
Octoliths
Artifacts
Shield Keys
The Turrets with Slench
Fire Spawn
Arctic Spawn
Lore in that elevator room in Arcterra
Biochambers
Sylux's ship
Electro Voldrum

There may be more but that's what I got.

Quote from SamusAranLuver:

Actually, you have to scan the artifact shield in the very beginning of the game. Also, you have to scan 4 lore to get an artifact in the second visit to Celestial Archives.
Quote from rekameohs:

Actually, you have to scan the artifact shield in the very beginning of the game. Also, you have to scan 4 lore to get an artifact in the second visit to Celestial Archives.

you also have to scan 2-5 lore in arcterra inorder to obtain an artifact as well. but that goes with activating portals and shields by scanning them.
Quote from Dr. Trence:
Quote from rekameohs:

you also have to scan 2-5 lore in arcterra inorder to obtain an artifact as well. but that goes with activating portals and shields by scanning them.
When? I don't remember that.
on your second visit through arcterra, you are in a locked room until you find the find the lore, they are invisible unless you have your scan visor on. actually i dont know if they are lore, but there something. i cant remember though
Quote from Dr. Trence:
on your second visit through arcterra, you are in a locked room until you find the find the lore, they are invisible unless you have your scan visor on. actually i dont know if they are lore, but there something. i cant remember though
That's not true, you don't need to scan any lore in Sanctorus, Fault Line or Subterranean.
but isnt there something you need to scan there? i remember collecting a artifact by activating 5 something switches, i really dont know
Anywhere, everywhere
They're scan panels, not lore. Scan panels aren't recorded in the logbook. The only things that you have to scan that do get recorded in the logbook are what I said earlier.
Thanks rekameohs thoose were the answers I was looking for. By the way sylux ship is a one time scan. I didn't scan the artifact when fighting Kaden is it a one time scan?
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
You mean the "open the boss portal" artifacts? Each set of three contains on "A" artifact, one "B" artifact, and one "C" artifact. (I don't remember the real names.) You do have to scan them before they are all gone, but you only need one of each. So if you missed the "B" artifact, you can get it next world.
That's good :D  now I don't have to restart.
Also, remember that you don't need to scan Expansions, E-Tanks, UA Upgrades weapons, health and ammo collections. Once you obtain them, they're in your scan log already.
lvl 28 Magic Leper
Quote from rekameohs:
Lets see...

All bosses
Octoliths
Artifacts
Shield Keys
The Turrets with Slench
Fire Spawn
Arctic Spawn
Lore in that elevator room in Arcterra
Biochambers
Sylux's ship

There may be more but that's what I got.

Where is this elevator room, I've been searching for it, but I can't quite figure out where you're reffering to.
Anywhere, everywhere
It's in a room called Subterranian. (spelling?) It is that big room with the maze and the imperialist switches to activate an elevator. In the lower part, there is a missle expansion and some lore down there. Once you get the artifact, face the gaurdians, and leave, however, the elevator will no longer work. So if you missed the missle or lore, it's time to reset.
lvl 28 Magic Leper
That's weird, I already got everything in there, but I've beat the game, I went back there on multiple occasions after the guardian fight but the elevator is still operational.