page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 13 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Embarrasing Fact: Power suit made by lowest bidder
More accurately, they're scroll PLMs. When you touch one, it calls up related scroll changes according to the 'Index' and 'Unknown' you see in SMILE for it.
For some reason, Jathys isn't putting in support for editing scroll PLMs in SMILE, but it's not too difficult to do with a hex-editor.
I like Big Butts and I can not lie
where's wave beam in limit Rolling Eyes
Ow. Maybe it's not in Wrecked ship now that I remember. If not it is in Brinstar, but I can't recall myself that part. Sorry.
You get wave right after killing Kraid.  The way to Kraid is through the power bomb door at the bottom of the long brownish shaft where Spore Spawn is at the very top.  There's a tough spike room to navigate plus some other rooms, then Kraid is at the top of an elevator.

As far as my speed boost problem, I was playing on a file where I patched the ROM after doing the reset glitch, but, I was only activating items as I got them, trying to play the game the "right" way.  That way, if I HAD to, I could cheat my way through a room that was kicking my arse, because Limit is so bleeping hard.

Clever?  I thought so.

Cheap?  Absolutely, but, it was the only way for me to see all of Limit (which I wanted to do) without smashing my computer.  Even though I reset, the game must have read me as having the boots, and put the lava in the room.  Everything else has worked perfectly.
Haha I see... There should be an easy version of Limit anyway, it's hard to beat it. Nevertheless I enjoyed playing it but with savestates.
Thanks anyway for the Wave beam, I forgot it...
how do i get past this room (in limit) i know about spring balling the crumble blocks but then i get to that place i use a power bomb
or the 2nd boost place

~reversed order~
Okay, so you beat Draygon and got the gravity suit right? I don't really get where you are.
i beat draygon but didn't get gravity suit, i ended up here via these speed boost blocks
and for the place i'm in, i got a smile picture
Oookay, so you need to get the blue suit glitch.
Just get to the lower room, and do a shinespark (super jump), like in limit 0002, but not to the way you show (limit 0002), there is another duct which looks similar, and which is a little bit on the right (see the map on limit 0001, the room is not completely shown in your map, there is not all the tiles, the missing tile is where you must go.). With that you will get the blue suit and enter the G. suit room.

By the way you could get plasma beam, but if you don't get it now you will lose it forever.
i've tried the 5 boosts on the boost blocks on the right side of the energy refiller, didn't get to keep the shine

hows about a movie, i figured you don't wan't to play ages to get to this point so i provided a zmv
Thanks a lot, and sorry I didn't get it. Now I realize I'll have to provide a zmv too. Actually, your problem is weird. It appears that you can't get the blue suit there, so you can't progress. I saw you got lots of super missiles, and I don't know what you did on the hack, but I think that's unfortunately the problem.
I'll show you what should've happened. Luckily I managed to get an old save of it. I try at the same time to show how to get plasma, so that would be helpful, but it takes a lot of time to do it. It's hard as hell >_> .
So wait a minute, I'll upload the movies soon. I can't fix your problem though, sorry.

EDIT : First movies, with that you might have some help about getting plasma. I'm proud of myself by the way, I'll continue it now.
oh yeah i forgot about that room and thanks for the movie
(now i don't have to do it :P )
and about the missle/super missle/power bomb/unreachargable health i redownloaded limit and got cheats to work (250missle,99smissle,99pbomb and infinant life)
Okay, one last thing. After the first movie, I am supposed to get into the next room. Could you upload the pic of that room with SMILE please? I finally made it to get close to the hatch, but actually I can't get to the most obvious way to get near that blue hatch (upright), and enter the next room. So I need to see what is the hidden way. Thanks.
there you go, nothing new though(i wonder how water works?)

i got plasma :proof: that took some skilled ibjing Wink

can't believe there's a 2nd gravity suit

attachment:
lol, I failed.
I have ZSNES, but how exactly do I get the movies to play following download?  I can't get them to work.  I'd like to check them out.

Thanx in advance.
make sure you have the same rom, rom name is matched to the movie, (the hack is applied) and play the movie (previding you play the right movie) oh, and also you need the same vesion of zsnes
Hello, I'm a newbie at these forums but have been playing Metroid since the original on NES...Super Metroid is my favorite and recently I've gotten into hacking it (yep, another one)

I'm using SMILE, along with about twenty-something back-ups, because I'm flipping paranoid. I don't know anything about programming codes but would like to learn.

Basically, I'm asking for help here, mainly from people who've hacked SM before. Right now I need help with the door editor, scrolling areas and elevators.

...I don't have any screenshots yet, but I will as time goes on, sorry.

Anyone who can help me with this, please do, and thanks a ton.
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
Limit looks really complicated..is anyone planning on making a movie showing a playthrough? That'd be neat.  I liked Legacy, but Limit looks a little too complex. o.O
I could theoretically make one,but this should be enough:
http://ee.domaindlx.com/DrakonSan/SMLimit.txt
[The last Missile is in the room with the Space Jump and "Super Protons"]
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
I like to watch more than read. :(

I'll check that out sometime, though. ty
So I've got the following hacks:

Legacy
Limit
Reverse
SFI11
Battle
The Another

Can anyone tell me which version, NTSC or PAL, I need to put the hacks into?  Like, Legacy to PAL, limit to NTSC?
l'appel du vide
All NTSC.  With headers, I believe.

But ignore those, and play this.
Ah, that'd be why they're working...  I only have a PAL rom...  Well, Google time!

So...  What do I do after getting the Power Bombs in
Legacy?  I keep blowing open Orange Doors, but I'm still not getting anything more than a Missile Pack for doing so, it seems.
Hows about a save state or a movie?