123 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Metroid Prime: Hunters has been delayed to Q1 of 2006.  This might mean that they'll add an online feature.

On Oct. 24, Metroid Prime Pinball will come bundled with the new DS Rumble Pak accessory. The DS Rumble Pak fits into the Game Boy Advance slot of the DS and lets players feel all the rolling, bumping and tilting that are the hallmarks of great pinball games.

Sauce
Thread title: 
in the name of justice!
yes, folks, it's time for the next 'drop your handheld' accessory!

i already want to hear what happens if you try and stick it in a gba.  oh well.
Beware: off duty ninja
wow. that's original. nintendo making an accesory for a game. at least it's not like the donkey conga drums, where you need this expensive (for an accesory) add on to play the game. but I still think that the "let's make a metroid pinball game because the morph ball is round" is a very bad idea. personally, I think that it makes baby jesus cry. . . a lot.
At least it's not as bad as that Xbox game where you need the $150 control board and it erases your game if you don't remove the disc when you're done.  I remember Pokémon Pinball had a rumble pak built into the actual game pak, it required a AAA battery to run. 

Never figured out how to use those drums…
everybody knows it's true
The more delayed, the better. Keep MP:H away from about-to-be-dissapointed hands!
And add normal MP control, the controls on the demo sucked.  Leave the "dual-4-button" controls for those who are dual-analog freaks, but make it so Prime addicts can play it too.  This should be the only game that doesn't use the touch screen much (if at all).  Heck, the missile button could be the shoulder button not used by the normal fire button and the touch screen should only be used for switching beams (if possible), visors (again, if possible) and morphing.  Normal Prime controls would be the same with the touch screen handling all other buttons (C-stick directions and D-pad directions).
I would have to agree with the touch screen. I played a demo in an eb games by my house . . . and if that's the contro scheme that they want to keep then I will never play or buy MP:H at all. and if nintendo wants to use the revolutionary parts of the rev controller like the ds used the screen with MP:H, then I will refuse tp play/buy prime three as well. the touch screen controlled like a bag of ass. . . >.<
Sorry, Retro. FPS was not a good idea.
Retro is not making MPH.
Samus Lauren
So THAT explains why it seems to be such a horrible game...

I truly am very afraid for when this game comes out, only because 1: shooters dont do too well on the DS and 2: Its going to most likely suck. I dont like how they're beginning to mainstream Metroid like they are Mario and Pokemon. I keep feeling like its going to just crumble the franchise. Why do you think Zelda has donr so well, and every game gets better and is never mediochere? Because they werent wasting their times making some weird casual title for the franchise. And i really dont think they should do that to the good name of Metroid. Cant they just leave the franchise as it is, and let Mario handle the casual games? He does such a good job with those.
Oops...sorry. I didn't see this thread.

Quote from Cantonbags04:
Cant they just leave the franchise as it is, and let Mario handle the casual games? He does such a good job with those.

:o Really? I for one am sick and tired of all these "Mario Bowling" and "Mario Rock Climbing" stuff they keep pumping out.

Anyways, hopefully this means that MP:H will be online. I really don't mind if it isn't, but I know alot of others cherish the idea.

One this is for sure: this definately won't be like any Metroid game to date. I don't care if it means they stay true to the real Metroid Prime's. For all intents and purposes, Metroid does kind of suit a deathmatch style of playing.
OOH! I know how the touch screen can be used effectively!  Make tiny elastic bands that have tips on them so that when you put them on your thumbs, they can act as styluses for the touch screens!  If you make the area of the base of the point wide and the mini-stylus tiny, it would make the perfect device to use the touch screen as buttons!
Armor Guardian
Quote from USBCD36:
OOH! I know how the touch screen can be used effectively!  Make tiny elastic bands that have tips on them so that when you put them on your thumbs, they can act as styluses for the touch screens!  If you make the area of the base of the point wide and the mini-stylus tiny, it would make the perfect device to use the touch screen as buttons!

I'm pretty sure the DS comes with something like that.
I've seen official thumb-straps at least. And, what?! Hunters: First Hunt was FUN! I can't see how anyone can think differently! Unless they've always despised first-person shooters, that is.

It didn't take me many minutes to get used to the control, and after a day's playing I already felt quite secure with it. Actually, if I do buy a DS, it'll be for one reason; Hunters.
usb just described the thumbstrap deluxe!

(To avoid confusion, no there is no such thing, there is a thumbstrap that comes with the system, but usb's version sounds better)

EDIT:
Quote from Rox:
I can't see how anyone can think differently! Unless they've always despised first-person shooters, that is.

Actually, I've always despised first person shooters. Hunters still seems mildly intruiging to me, mostly because of the controls (which I find great) but I've never liked multiplayer games (apart from co-op games and beat-em-up's) so I don't know how it'll turn out in the end  :?.
It would be awesome if they'd release Super Smash Bros. for DS, there would be good multiplayer action in the wireless world.  As for Hunters, I don't like FPS games and they ruined it by giving it those controls.
in the name of justice!
i don't know, it seems like super smash bros. is way too fast-paced to use a touch screen and stuff for.  it would just be small, online smash bros.
I wasn't thinking of them actually using the touch screen, what do C up and C left do anyway?  If it's the smash attacks like it is in Melee, then no, it's probably not worth it, but if they remapped L or R (leaving one for shield), as a modifier that would change the 4 buttons to the smash attacks.  I think that covers all of 'em!
Quote from Rox:
I've seen official thumb-straps at least. And, what?! Hunters: First Hunt was FUN! I can't see how anyone can think differently! Unless they've always despised first-person shooters, that is.
MP:H isn't fun for having the unique name "Metroid" in it.
Quote from Rox:

It didn't take me many minutes to get used to the control, and after a day's playing I already felt quite secure with it. Actually, if I do buy a DS, it'll be for one reason; Hunters.

I would like to disagree with you there, rox. personally I found the control scheme to be an akward novelty used for the sole sake of being there. I don't think there was much thought put into the touch screen and how it oculd have been used. I have played MP:H, and the fact that the touch screen is used the way it is will ensure that i never buy the game, I find it way too akward to control samus like that.
Quote from SamuraiSamus:
I would like to disagree with you there, rox. personally I found the control scheme to be an akward novelty used for the sole sake of being there. I don't think there was much thought put into the touch screen and how it oculd have been used. I have played MP:H, and the fact that the touch screen is used the way it is will ensure that i never buy the game, I find it way too akward to control samus like that.

Well, there is a control-scheme in the game that doesn't use the touch screen, you know.  If you don't like the touch screen, don't use it and use the other controls.
I think the touch-screen + d-pad is a great way of emulating the WASD + Mouse setup used for first-person games on PC. However, I always play those games with Invert Mouse (push mouse forward to look down, backward to look up, like a flight joystick), so the lack of an "Invert Stylus" control makes it very awkward for me to play.

The rumble pak has already been done with WarioWare Twisted. In addition to the tilt sensor built into the cartridge, it also vibrates and "ticks" on certain games.

--Poiuyt Man
I personally liked the Touch Screen and Control Pad mixed together for a control style. It was unique, fun, and easy to learn.
soaking through
Quote from SamuraiSamus:

The touch screen is so much more precise than any other control scheme they could've put in.  As for your "they didn't put much thought into it" comment, please give me an example of how they could have used it more effectively.  IMO the control scheme's near perfect.  They've achieved close to the brilliance of a mouse and keyboard setup on a handheld.
Izo: I'm just saying what I think of it, the touch screen may wrok for some, if it works for you that's cool. all I'm saying is that for a console/handheld it's very frustrating for me as I've used a controller my whole gaming life from the nes to the cube. . . I just find the touch screen relativley unresopnsive compared to using buttons. I can't be the only one that feels this way, a couple of my friends say the same thing (maybe there are some m2k2er's that also feel the same way too)