123 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
OK, so I'm doing a grapple beam and Space Jump-less SM run right now (and if I can get away with it, the Screw Attack). Alright, so I've got as far as Ridley's Hideout. I go down there, go all the way over to the left and get past the lava, then I power bomb away the wall to reveal the statue. Alright, so far so good. Then I leap into the air and mid air morph and land on the statue's hand. Nothing happens. Slightly confused I try moving Samus around so that the Chozo statue will grab her and drain the lava so I can continue. Still, nothing happens. I've never encountered a problem like this before.
I tried going out of the room and comg back in and blowing away the wall and then hopping into the statue's hand and then morphing. Still nothing happens! I tried resetting and going from my last save but it still happens. :(
What gives? As I've said this has never happened to me before.
Thread title: 
all i know is that that statue doesn't work if you don't have sj. you'll need to take another route to ridley, but for that, i'll leave it to the people who know about sm.
Quote:
(and if I can get away with it, the Screw Attack)

you can take the right path right after you take the elevator to Lower Norfair. Go past the blue door then power bomb the floor. That is unless you don't want to fight all the bosses.
I KNEW Smokey was going to post in this topic!  I'm reading, scrolling down, and thinking "I'll just refer to the route in Smokey's run."

Yeah, it will be somewhat tough to finish the game without the screw attack and the space jump, but you just said that you might be trying to get away with it, and the route you're trying to take leads you to the Torrizo fight and the screw attack.  Like Smokey said, just make a right instead of a left, and you'll skip the fight (if you find that you're not ready to go on without the screw attack, you can use the green gate glitch and get it, allowing you to skip the fight of course).
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
That's what the statue is for, to check if you have Space Jump or not.

Go right instead, and/or watch smokey's :36 any% for some other trouble spots (if there are any).
Yup, that statue is mighty fussy. I believe it is possible to complete the game without the Gravity Suit though, video proof courtesy of RaRedSunZ (I think that's his name) showing how to get to Lower Norfair without the Gravity Suit, which means you can skip the part with the statue in entirely. I think.
You are forgetting the little area known as Maridia.
Watch any low% video to see how to get through Maridia and the rest of the game without Gravity Suit.  A couple of other vids show entering LN without Grav as well.
lol no way
I've heard of how they do LN... but how do they get out of Draygon's room without it?
I think it's usually they beat him with a Crystal Flash in the top right corner of the room (get dragged up there), then they get the blue suit from the CF, and superjump out of the room next to Draygon's.

Right?
Excuse me if I am mistaken here, but you would need to get to blue suit speed underwater in order to do that, right?  That would require the Gravity Suit, would it not?
Not necessarily. From what I've read, you purposely get yourself trapped by one of the gray thingies that Draygon spits at you. It slows you down quite a bit, therefore making you get up to shinesparking speed all the more faster.
I myself may be incorrect in saying this, so don't quote me on that.
Quote from Phantasm:
Not necessarily. From what I've read, you purposely get yourself trapped by one of the gray thingies that Draygon spits at you. It slows you down quite a bit, therefore making you get up to shinesparking speed all the more faster.
I myself may be incorrect in saying this, so don't quote me on that.

I thought that was when you have the Gravity Suit. You get caught, get a Shinecharge, then Shinespark into Draygon giving you the Blue Suit.
You get a blue suit without having Gravity Suit when you kill Draygon with the Crystal Flash.  No running (you can't run for speed underwater to get the blue suit without Grav).
Quote from Random Zelda Person:
You are forgetting the little area known as Maridia.

Not exactly. From what I know, It's possible to get through Maridia without the Gravity Suit, but it's a Grade A pain to do it, and it requires use of the Ice Beam and Super Missiles to knock enemies off walls and freeze them as platforms. Have at that what you will.
Just watch one of the damn low% vids of SM already! Everything and much more is explained there.
my thoughts exactly.
Something terribly confusing is going on here, and as a result I am terribly confused...

The only video I have seen of traversing Maridia sans Gravity Suit was RS's NBMB run, which, being an NBMB run, did not go past Botwoon.  Smokey gets the Gravity Suit in the only low% video I know of.  So how would watching a low% run inform me of how to get to and past Draygon without the Gravity Suit?
you would ... record one that does, then watch it? ;) lol, sorry if none exists. i'll gladly dump one to avi if one does for emulator and you can't be bothered screwing with zsnes to get it working.
If that fails, go to GameFAQ's and check out Brickroad's Glitch FAQ. It has a glitch called "REALLY wrecked ship", and it tells you how to traverse Maridia without the Gravity Suit.
Well, the info in that faq would also be covered by watching RS's NBMB run.  The faq doesn't discuss getting out of Draygon's room without grav suit because it's not part of the really wrecked ship glitch.

By the way, thanks to Random Zelda Person for voicing the puzzlement I was also feeling at seeing references to low-percent vids that I had no recollection of seeing anywhere. 

Another thing this reminded me of was the bit about using Crystal Flash to kill Draygon.  Does the CF do damage to most/all enemies, or is he a special case?  Why does it result in a blue suit?  Is there a topic about this somewhere that I've missed?
You kill Draygon with a Shine Spark, not Crystal Flash (or is that what you meant?) and the boost stays with you after you kill it. The Blue Suit gives you a free spark, and it lets you kill enemies just by touching them (bar some bosses). But since you're not allowed to do Speed Booster underwater without the Gravity Suit, it won't help.
Quote from Dark_SA-X:
You kill Draygon with a Shine Spark, not Crystal Flash (or is that what you meant?) and the boost stays with you after you kill it.

That's not what we're referring to.  You can also kill draygon while crystal flashing (presumably using a beam shield).  That'll also give you the blue suit.

Remember, red scarlet is always right!...
You can also nearly kill Draygon...
Then do a Crystalflash and then let you grapple from draygon (you get a freejump).
Then you wait until draygon carries you above and try to get on the upper left platform.
There you kill him with charge/wave/powerbomb.
Then you go out and use the freejump.
You can get a Suitless Run...
Its Hard, but I have done a Suitless Run
Hey...now that we have the whole Draygon thing on topic here...don't you think it's time to bring up Kej's Draygon Glitch Medley? *laughs* I think that's the only thing I know of that shows you how to get passed Draygon without Grav suit.... It does that and shows like 20 billion other glitches...