123 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I wouldn't be surprised if this is common knowledge, but I didn't know about it.  For the Chozo statue boss, if you just jump around constantly, it will never shoot lightning at you.  Running back and forth also works, but I like jumping better because it makes shooting it less awkward.  Unfortunately it will always shoot lightning on the last round (when the lightning goes to the side)... there isn't a way to avoid this as far as I can tell.  Still, this makes most of the battle easier and faster.
Thread title: 
everybody knows it's true
w00t
lol no way
If I'd known that when doing my last 10% hard (or even while I worked on 10% SS) it would've made them about 100 times easier. Crap. How long have you known about this??

Seems worth it to make a vid of it and a section on the site, if it's as helpful as it seems like it'd be.
Time bomb set get out fast!
I read that somewhere, maybe at GameFAQs (not the board, one of the actual FAQs).  It's a fact, Jack.  Further proof that the Chozo are an ancient, powerful race of blithering morons.
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
Umm, that's why I ran around and jumped around there in *my* ancient runs...

*smacks AJ*

I mentioned it on IRC like a year ago.
Quote from ajbolt89:
How long have you known about this??

I found it out while messing around earlier today.  It would have made segment 4 of my 29:54 a lot easier too, since I would go into that fight with 99 energy.
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
*smacks GC04 for not being in irc at the time*
is that like donald duck: quack attack?

red scarlet: smack attack?
Quote from GameCube04:
I found it out while messing around earlier today.  It would have made segment 4 of my 29:54 a lot easier too, since I would go into that fight with 99 energy.

Dude!  I forgot that was your 29:54 -- I filed it under your human name.  Awesome run, man.  The video quality is terrible but the mad skill is real.
One shall stand, one shall ball.
Um. I always do that, and I never stand under it after the first hit, that way i don't get shot, rather helpful.
I want to smack AJ for uhhhhhh... doing... something bad?

*smack*
also, if you dont move after the battle begins (facing the wall like you are at first) it will never show the weak point! just a little observation i made :)
lol I do this every time I play this game. Thought everyone knew of it. However. Running back & forth has a minor flaw & that is distance. The boss has a tendency to block the player by doing that weird movement so he descends in the middle of the arena, therefore cutting off access to half of the room for a short while (unless you like to take damage which I do not think helps here since you fly back). And if your possible moving space (tops 2 characters in length to each side) is small enough like that, he will fire some lightning. But lightning ain't that hard to dodge anyway.

That's what I've noticed anyway while fighting that thing. Not sure of course on how accurate that description is though. Rolling Eyes
lol no way
/me dodges Mr. Aran's hand, forces it into a food processor he has conveniently on his belt, then punches him really hard in the ovaries (don't ask questions) and knocks him out.
/me proceeds to tie him up, revive him, and play MZM in front of his face, punching him in the ovaries again every time he screws up a trick (i.e. every 2 minutes). Mr. Aran proceeds to cry and proclaims Aj to be "omg better than me at mzm lemme go plz lemme go."
/me leaves the room, never to return.
/me smiles to the sound of Mr. Aran's screaming, "NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo."
</offtopic>
Omg I hate this boss.
Isn't powerplaying against the off-topic rules?
lol no way
Uhm, no I did not just edit that post? Sorry, I just kinda... wanted to. Erm. Yeah.
Don't hate me Yoshi. :(
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Huh? Wha?
Quote from Yoshi348:
Huh? Wha?
Haha that sums it up pretty well yeah :D
Well, everyone knows that my skills are way better than AJ's
Powerplaying?  Which team had the penalty?
AJ said I was sceaming surrender and begging for mercy.

His penalty is........................................DEATH Twisted Evil
lol no way
Bring it baby. I'll let you guys know when I care. >_>
Omg topic iz derailed sum1 come and fix it quik!!!!@12#1232123!@#32aiffgnaodingAAAHH.
You guys?  I'm not with him.
Just to let you know, I have a shotgun
yay for shotguns

Off topic: THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!! WHEEE