<- 1  -   of 158 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Time bomb set get out fast!
Well, okay, I guess it's mostly a kneejerk reaction.  I'm used to thinking of the Charge Beam as an indispensable boss-fighting tool, but Zero Mission is different because all the bosses are generous enough to provide refills.  (Also, the missiles seem a little stronger than in Super or Fusion.)

Surely it's at least worth the couple of seconds to pick up, though.  If nothing else, you can use it to get a good opening shot on the Black Pirates....
One shall stand, one shall ball.
WEll, the thing about Black Pirates is that you only need to fight two, and just mashing the button is better than charging a shot first, at least that's what I think.
everybody knows it's true
first run on ZM

Normal
1:13:14
35%

wheee
Nice job Mr.  Aran, very nice time for your first.
Actually, that wasn't my actual first run.

It's my first run where I went for the speed.
red chamber dream
Still a great time, though.
Quote from Mr. Aran:
It's my first run where I went for the speed.

Yeah, that's still really good, you'll be going sub hour in no time.
Indeed.  Last time I "went for the speed," I got about 1:35.  Haven't done a pure ZM speed run in a while, though -- I'm working on my 100% game.
I took a break for a few months and improved a time by ten minutes, so don't be surprised if you go faster on the next Speed Run you do.
1:10:40
35%
Normal

Muhahaha I beat by 2.5 mins!
another run, this time with better success, this time i used the following tricks: skip longbeam, skip wave beam, ridley before kraid, skip super missles (stupid thing to do, i know) early varia, skip high jump, skip screw attack, skip speed booster

Heres what it got me

attachment:
You know, Super Missiles, High Jump, and the Speed Booster only speeds up your game... unless you're doing a low % run.
yeah, but wasting time beating imago does not save time
Psh, who kills Imago when you can grab the Supers right before Ridley?
I get them even earlier, in Crateria.  (I do Kraid first in my any% runs.)  That way I have a couple of supers to use on my way through Norfair and Ridley.
My best was:

1:25:59 100% normal/time attack
3rd run in 7 days!

1:00:05

Added skip acid word

:P
I strongly recommend that anyone who wish attempt any% & speed runs check this URL:
http://speeddemosarchive.com/mzm.html
Bet most here knows about it but those new to this & to those wants to REALLY improve their times, check that linkage out. Now :)
Now where have I seen that before...oh, right, in AJ's sig. :P
Should I start trying to do some actuall speed runs, then?
everyone should.
I'll be back. Maybe...
Everyone! Even me! The one who took about 5 hours to complete this game on Normal? No, I think I'll stick to searching for long-winded and pointless SBs in Super.
soaking through
I've got stuck on the Zeebs on 9% normal.  ;-;
I have a lot of times...
Easy 100%:1:09:46
Easy 9%:1:05:31
Easy Any%:37:51
Normal 100%:1:10:24
Normal 9%:1:11:05
Normal Any%:37:18
Hard 100%:1:24:29
Lotsa times