1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
lol no way
Yeah, spoilers.

Ok, so I started a new game and as soon as I got to Dark Agon, instead of going through the way with the bomb slot, into Crossroads, I decided to try a back entry into the room that you fight the Jump Guardian, thinking it would be faster since I just didn't want to deal with those other rooms... so instead I went to the right side, 3bj'd up the little cliff there and entered the door into Portal Access. I killed the weird little shining light guy in there, and then 3bj'd up to the middle, and exited out the other side, and, presto, I was in the room where you fight the Jump Guardian (Judgement Pit). But instead of just jumping down and fighting him I thought I'd play around, and did a 3bj up onto the ledge right above the door I entered Judgement Pit from (there's a light deal there). Then there's the little area with the weird statue of the Luminoth warrior or whatever, kind of a sandy little pit with bladepods on the far side. I was running low on energy at this point so decided to shoot the bladepods for energy. I shot the left one, then shot AT the right one, but to my dismay my shots were stopped by... something. Something invisible. That hurts you when you touch it. Now this thing's pretty big, about 2/3 the size of the statue. What could it be, I wondered... and then I realized that it could be but one thing: The Jump Guardian. Woot. Discovery.

Oh, and then I got the temple key in Trial Tunnel before fighting the Jump Guardian too; woot sequence broke. Eh, I'll fight him now and see if Mr. Invisible's there after the fight too, and then post again when I'm done. Comments?

Edit: Ok, heehee, yeah, I just cued the cutscene for him to fight me and it starts with him right there, so that's definitely his invisible body. Sweet.

Edit 2: OMG. I looked at his health, and while I was playing around with his invisibility I shot him like... a lot. Now it's at like 3/5 of the way down... gonna see if I can kill him while he's invisible... :D
Thread title: 
aj is back.
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
The Jump Guardian is pretty easy to kill quickly though already..how long does it take to get up the back way and stuff?
Quote:
gonna see if I can kill him while he's invisible...

I'd think that would save time, just the fact that you can hurt him. That's crazy though, congrats..hopefully I'll find something cool like that eventually.
You're Kip for crying out loud. Is there something you can't find? :P

Yeah, if it happens that you can kill him, it'd save a huge amount of time. Due to not having to wait for the shockwave thing to pass.
Early PB's are a bust..but I got the attempt on video.  No turret there.  :(
lol no way
Well, I'm doing this on Hard, but I'll try again right now... would've last night but my father made me go to bed. "It's a schoolnight." Bah.

Edit: Well, success. Or as close to that as we'll come; after unloading 35 missiles, about 50 full charges and a lot of normal shots, I cued the battle and he entered it with an empty health meter... one shot and he was down. Maybe if we counted how many shots/missiles it'd take to down him we could make him enter the fight with like a charge shot's worth of health left and kill him real quick. But it's still definitely faster to enter the room the back way. Oh, and you can get more missiles from the bladepods scattered about, which could make it faster... I got 2 of those 10 missile pickups which was AWESOME. *cough*

Edit2:

25 missiles, 30 full charges. I would figure out how many total full charges but for now, I gotsta study.
Or rather, go to school.
Haha, so does this work as a time-saver since you don't have to worry about anything during the actual "fight"?

-Tim
Scarlet, the cannon in Sanctuary Entrance doesn't work?? Oh man that's a huge bummer. It would save tons of time  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
Well maybe if we could get over to the scanning thing, drop down into it maybe, the cannon might appear after scanning it?
lol no way
Well if you're like SUPER fast getting up there it'd prolly save a little time... all the while you're healing in the light sphere.
Quote from LeCoureur103:
Well maybe if we could get over to the scanning thing, drop down into it maybe, the cannon might appear after scanning it?

Yeah, that might work.
this topic has the best title evar.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Ouch, killing the boss before he triggers (almost, at least)? More code ouchies...
Quote:
this topic has the best title evar.

agreed.