1 page
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
soaking through
I know a few people on this board already play this game, so I figured I should make a topic so we can play together or something.  If you've never played GunBound, I highly recommend it.  You can get it here, and the 100Meg download is easily worth it.

It's basically like online Worms, but with Tank-esque things called mobiles.  The game itself is very good, but the only downside is the community, which is generally made up of idiots.  Hence my desire to play with sane, coherent-English speaking individuals, who I hope I can find on this very forum.  Yeah.

So, uuh, discuss stuff, say your usernames, etc, and maybe we can play sometime.
Thread title: 
I used to play it for a while, but then I got bored. There are no different weapons in the game, you only get about 2 semi-different weapons each game, plus a "super" weapon.

The fun thing about Worms was all the different weapons, and how they were usually very limited, i.e. cluster bombs, banana bombs, petrol bombs, etc.

But in GunBound you only have like 2 weapons or something each game. So there's really no choice. Yeah, there are different 'rides' with different weapons, but they're all mostly the same anyway. There are no banana bombs, no air strikes, no blow-torches, etc, which makes it get boring real quick for me.

I think a lot of people play this game only because of the "game points" you get, so you can buy a new hat for your character, etc. Yay, now you look different and have some tiny damage bonus. Big deal. No thanks.

The game is interesting for a little while, though, and those different "columns" that have various effects on your shots (I forget what they're called) can be fun. So I guess I'd reccommend that people try GunBound, but personally it didn't last long.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
They're called moons.

EDIT: Oh, if you want a freeware game in this genre that has tons of weapons, head for Scorched Earth. It's DOS, but it usually plays nice with Windows, especially since it doesn't try to use SoundBlaster or anything.
soaking through
Yoshi, I presume by that snippet of info you play.  What's your ID?
Viking
Precursor
Gunbound = teh rox.

I should definetely start playing again, but it takes so f*cking long to dl the new version(s) with 56k. I'm waiting until I get 8M...
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from Izo:
Yoshi, I presume by that snippet of info you play.  What's your ID?

Played. I lost my password and the request password thing, for some reason, somehow makes your email adress case-sensitive... and my email was typed with the wrong case.
One shall stand, one shall ball.
I used to play it a lot, I don't know why I stopped, I'm thinking of starting again but then I have to get the aiming down again.
I played it a lot early last year. I even used a hack for it to get 10 000 zenny for every game (Win or loss) but then it got boring and I was tired.

I much prefer Worms.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from nick1presta:
I even used a hack for it to get 10 000 zenny for every game (Win or loss)

Asshole. Cheating on a multiplayer online game is lower than low.  Evil or Very Mad
That's strange, "asshole" didn't get censored. But yeah, I agree, cheating in an online game = teh lame. If you want to cheat, do it in single-player where you won't bother anyone.
soaking through
Even if asshole was censored, which it isn't, I think Yoshi could bypass it anyway.  And yeah, hacking in an online game is just stupid.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Ass isn't censored because it's only really considered swearing in the US... at least that's what Nate said.

EDIT: And although both Nate and Bladegash apparently know how to defeat the censor, I don't. Bladegash isn't even a mod, IIRC, but he's only used it in order to type D*ckens without the asterix.
soaking through
Toozin did it too...  He called Nate a crazy Mother fucker in that thread that got moved from the staff forum to The Boardwalk.  Obiviously with a different word in place of flickerbat.
Cheating in a multiplayer game when it gives you an unfair adavantage is low.

Cheating in a "cheating" server is fine as everyone is equal.
Besides, I only played for less than a month and only played with friends who were cheating as well.

I never bought anything for anyone and just had the money as a sort of "trophy" to show off.

Jeeze, if I wanted to hack, I would go to Counter-Strike.