^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Yes, I'm really board. Er, bored.

Heh, I didn't plan on this being my 2000th post, but things happen.

The Rules

Object

The object of the game is to be the first person to complete a :59 run on MP before Echoes comes out.

Equipment

You'll need:

* - Tokens for each player. Go grab them from whatever games you have, as long as you can tell them apart. If you can get the red pawn from Clue(TM), super.

* - A six sided die. 'Cause 4 sided dice are too pointy.

* - A special deck of cards. You're going to have to figure out a way to get a 70 card deck that can be matched up to the card list below. Since there's more than one of certain cards, you can use two standard playing card decks by assigning certain cards to certain regular cards, and not worry about running out of regular cards. (It doesn't matter which 2 of hearts is which if they're the same card.) Of course, if you're all artsy fartsy you can make your own (and put them up here, if you're really artsy fartsy)...

* - A copy of this gameboard:

Why is it shaped like a Yoshi? Because I felt like it, damnit.
Why is it shaped like a retarded Yoshi? Because I can't draw, damnit.

Gameplay

Setup
To start the game, each player places their token on the Frigate and draws 5 cards. Arm wrestle or something to see who goes first.

Flow of Play
Each turn, a player chooses and plays one of their cards. Most cards let you move forward so many spaces. If a player wishes, they may discard a card instead of playing it. Either way, that's their turn.

Segments and Bumping
Each colored strip represents one segment of your run. The beginning of the segment is the first square of that color, NOT the square before it. If you land on another player, you mess them up and make them fall into the lava/posion/phazon/record button/whatever, forcing them to move their token back to the beginning of their segment.

Beam Doors
Notice that four of the segments start with a dot, and they have colors corresponding to the 4 elemental beams of Prime. These represent colored doors. In order to pass through these segments, you must have the corrseponding beam in front of you. If you would move into or through them without the right beam, you just don't.

The Short Cuts
There are two short cuts on the board.

The first one is through Yoshi's hand. Instead of going around the hand, you can try to go right through it to the blue segement. However... see that little tube? That's the elevator. If you try to move through the elevator, you must make a crash roll on the die. Unless you get a 6, the game crashes and you are sent back to the beginning of the magenta segment.

The second one is on Yoshi's back. Instead of going through Yoshi's spines, you can go through Yoshi's spine. The spine is shorter. However, if you go through the spines, you get the boost ball. (Yes, that's what that blob is.) Once you have the boost ball, all "1" cards move you two spaces instead of one, and you can also use the "4" cards. Once you get the boost ball, nothing can take it away.

Defeating Metroid Prime
At the end of the board is a circle of 4 squares guarding the vaunted :59. These are MP's modes. When you land on one of them, turn the corrosponding beam in front of you sideways. (If you lost that beam, tough. You'll have to draw and play it again, then land on that square again!) Once you've tapped all 4 beams, you defeat MP and win the game! (Yes, I'm ignoring form two. You have that stupid little twig, after all...  :P)

The Deck

1, 2, 3: (x7 of each)
Use these cards to move that many spaces. The 3 represents a scan-dash jump, so you can't use it if you've been PAL'd or PC'd. Remember, all 1's are 2's with the boost ball.

4: (x3)
You may only use this card if you have the boost ball. (You might want to draw a little picture of the boost ball with a 4 on it, if you're crazy enough to make your own cards.)

Power Beam, Wave Beam, Ice Beam, Plasma Beam: (x5 of each)
These cards are used to pass into beam segements, as explained above. Place them in front of you when you play them.

Charge Beam: (x1)
May be used as any of the 4 elemental beams. Must be discarded when you play a new elemental beam card.

Grapple Beam: (x2)
Use this to trade places with any player in the same segment as you.

Varia Suit: (x2)
Play in front of you. Your hand size is now 6.

Gravity Suit: (x1)
Play in front of you. Your hand size is now 7.

Flamethrower: (x3)
This card is utterly useless. All you can do is discard it.

Missle: (x4)
Send any player back 2 spaces.

Energy Tank: (x1)
Play in front of you. When it's down, you can use it at any time to counteract any one card that would affect you negatively.

Static Explosion: (x1)
Play on any player to force them to discard any two equipment cards in front of them of THEIR choice. (Equipment cards are ones that are pickups in MP.)

PAL: (x3)
Play on yourself or another player. This card goes in front of them, replacing a PC card if there is one. A player who has been PAL'd can't play 3's. However, (s)he may take the elevator without doing a crash roll.

PC: (x1)
Play on yourself or another player. This card goes in front of them, replacing a PAL card if there is one. A player who has been PC'd may only play 1, 2, NTSC, or PAL cards. However, (s)he may take the elevator without doing a crash roll.
A player may skip his next two turns to get rid of a PC card.

NTSC: (x4)
Play on yourself or another player to get rid of any PAL or PC cards on that player. Discard after use.

Grounded!: (x1)
Target player loses a turn.

Greemer of DOOM: (x1)
Target player dies and must go back to the beginning of their current segment.

Action Replay: (x1)
Take two turns after this one.

70 total cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone actually gets up and plays this game, let me know. I know that I probably don't have the optimum card ratios in the deck, so it might not work well the first time.
Thread title: 
soaking through
Quote from Yoshi348:
Flamethrower: (x3)
This card is utterly useless. All you can do is discard it.

ROFL.

Anyway, looks good.  Could never be arsed to actually make it though...

We could probably play it across the forum somehow, if someone actually makes it.
Viking
Precursor
2000 posts! Wee!

This looks cool, and I actually want to play it. That fact scares me.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from Izo:
We could probably play it across the forum somehow, if someone actually makes it.

Hey, if I actually get interest, I could moderate a game through PM. Or IRC, if everyone's on at once.
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
I have like 8 decks of cards at my house so I could host it or something sometime.

Or shuffle/deal the cards and Yoshi hosts.