<- 1  -   of 64 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I('d) like to watch (some MP3 runs)
Now try for under 2!  :o

What's your route? That may be what can get you down there.
everybody knows it's true
*starts a new run*

*sucks on SM*

0:33, saved at gunship after getting pbs.

*can't do grapple skip*

*goes for grapple beam*
Quote from Screwy:
any% 0:38  :)

Nice time! What was your percentage?
It was 33% Redding
Earlier today I managed a 2:42 with 91%. Still not that great but a new personal best for me.
in the name of justice!
Quote from Mr. Aran:
*starts a new run*

*sucks on SM*

0:33, saved at gunship after getting pbs.

*can't do grapple skip*

*goes for grapple beam*

Haha, I've been working on the grapple skip for this run too.  I'm just outside of Draygon at 0:48 or something like that, but I haven't ever killed him the "real" way.  The real problem is just that I have about half my energy right now.  If he picks me up I'm doomed, it seems.  I'm expecting ~ 1:30 for this run.  Which is twice as good as two runs ago.  I was so mad to get 3:02.
gogogo guys
everybody knows it's true
Too late, I already got the grapple :/
in the name of justice!
*slaps face*
Duh!  That room next to Draygon's save-is an energy recharge!  That solves problem number one.  Problem number two is solved as well, since you can pseudo-screw-attack over his head while he's goo-ing (though sometimes he'll float straight up which causes me to spaz).  Now there's just one problem.  My reaction time is a little weak, and at the end of the fight he swoops in so fast I can't hit him in time.  At least I made it to the end this time...
When he's almost dead, pretty much just charge up your charge beam and shoot it just as it finishes to hit  him.
in the name of justice!
After a week of two-hour play sessions I've defeated Mother Brain!  Of all the time working on the Wrecked Ship Shinesparks, running toward Ridley and dying, etc...

Final recorded time:1:34.  I spent a couple minutes fishing up another PB expansion, another Super set, a missile pack I'd never seen before, and one more ETank for Tourian.  Maybe skipping that would have put me under 1:30.  Assuming of course that I could survive the Mother Brain fight with more than 303 energy.  This is ANOTHER 45-minute improvement on my 3:02 initial speed run and 45 minutes up on my second speed run of 2:17.  Draygon, Ridley, and Mother Brain were all "next hit wins" fights at the end.  At the end, I was surprised to see that I collected only three less items than last time, because the game was much harder (and one of them was just a missile tank!).

Aside from not flubbing up on a couple of wall jumps I don't know what else I can do to speed up.  Do the Wave and Plasma beams increase damage against Mother Brain or Ridley?
My best any% time was 00:34, in a single segment about a year ago.  Used Smokey's 00:36 route in general, without saving and with somewhat faster times on the bosses, so was nothing revolutionary in terms of technique.  It was done on emulator, but without use of slowdowns or savestates (other than one right at the beginning to avoid going through the reset and title sequence repeatedly, and one right at the end, after boarding Samus' ship). 

The legitimacy of that run has been questioned, and understandably so as I didn't film it, and screenshots can easily be faked.  If you believe it, cool, if you don't, I can't blame you--I probably wouldn't either. 

100% I've had much less luck with, and less interest in.  I believe my best 100% time was about one hour and fifteen minutes.  I've never put much time into it (I sorta burned myself out working on the any% run, as well as experimenting with the reset glitch), and I could never get the glitch to work just prior to the springball (freezing the slime thing and using it to jump through the platform).  If I ever find myself interested in speed-running Super Metroid again, this is likely what I'll go for, though I don't see that happening any time in the near future.
My best 100% time is 1:08.
I run this here hotel of an evening
i could've sworn i posted here, but oh well

my best is 45 minutes, don't remember the percent. i don't have the game anymore, as someone stole it. i know i can beat that time, once i learn and master the sporespawn skip, and the crocomire skip. i simply need the game....and an adapter.... and possibly a new controller. i dunno if mine works. whenever i do this run i'll be sure to record it though, if not to send in then for reference
always move fast
100% - 1:17 woo

wish i knew my stepbrother had a copy of the game before i bought it... X.x
damn... :P  i'm close ...  Twisted Evil ...my best time ist:
1:18...with 100%...
but... i lose a lote of time only in a "stupid" things ...)=

...¿ur records, are in SNES, or emulated?????
always move fast
mine? i used and snes... but its only my second time through the game, so it surely could be a lot better...
Heh, nice time bartendorsparky.  :D

You should play more often if you got that time that easily. I recently got a 1:09 100% and I had to practically kill for it!  Embarassed  Laughing
lol no way
0:47, SS, 39%. Smokey's route, basically.
Edit: 0:43, SS, 39%. Same route.
...yes... i know i most play more and more...BUT!!! ...
i dont have the time x(
... i did' like play every day.... but I CAN'T!! ='(  :(
  ...well... some day.... i will make't ... 0:57,100%  Twisted Evil
ggg...
...im sure... :P
...cya...
Quote from bartendorsparky:
100% - 1:17 woo

wish i knew my stepbrother had a copy of the game before i bought it... X.x

Oi, you stole my time Crying or Very sad

That, and a 1:03 any% run. I gave up trying after that horrible first attempt though :P
00:57, 100% even though my total playing time is less than Red Scarlets 00:55, it's strange.
Maybe I go to the subscreen more.
I guess it was because I played on an emulator. I don't own the US version myself, (I may be buying one) so I tried at the emulator. I guess the timer on the cart is even more screwed up than I thought.

I ended up with :26 in the save before Botwoon, with 10 minutes less gameplay than Scarlet (you) has/have in her (your) run, and even then my movies start at the beginning of a reset and ends like 1 min after I enter the savestation.

I was just trying out my new route, which seems to be faster than both the ones used in Smokey's :56 and Scarlet's (your) :55.
do share.