<- 1  -   of 87 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Zack_Strife:
Hey I'm back and with a new run:
1:03 12%;(beats my old one by 3mins: 1:06 14%) I'm getting better! Slowly but surly I am going to beat Fusion under an hour! I got a new run planned out and it's going to beat this runs time!

go circa's/my old time. congrats.
One shall stand, one shall ball.
Just completed a run with 1:40 21%. Yay for me.
I'm doing one right now, and I have better time before meltdown than WD in his :50, but I guess I'll slack off and make it just another sub-hour run. :)
My best times in Metroid Fusion:

best any%: 0:58 (9%) (last save before SA-X: 0:55)
best 100%: 1:39 (last save before SA-X: 1:36)

yeah i got a new time too. finally i beat the 1:00 for the first time. so i got better again by 2 minutes from my 1:00 to my 0:58.
so i have done my goal now in fusion, so this was my last run in fusion. i'll never play the game again, and i'm not going for world record, because i'm busy with prime.
yeah, my percentage was 9%: i had 3 energy tanks, 40 missiles, and 10 power bombs.

sorry, i would really love to post here a picture of my final time, but it's not possible for me for some technichal reasons.

well, these are all my times and segments:

1. 00:00 Main Deck
2. 00:00 Main Deck
3. 00:03 Main Deck
4. 00:04 Sector 1
5. 00:07 Sector 1
6. 00:08 Sector 2
7. 00:10 Sector 2
8. 00:12 Sector 2
9. 00:13 Sector 3
10. 00:13 Sector 4
11. 00:14 Sector 4
12. 00:17 Sector 4
13. 00:19 Sector 3
14. 00:21 Sector 3
15. 00:23 Sector 6
16. 00:25 Sector 6
17. 00:25 Sector 5
18. 00:27 Sector 5
19. 00:28 Sector 5
20. 00:32 Sector 3
21. 00:34 Sector 5
22. 00:36 Sector 5
23. 00:36 Sector 5
24. 00:37 Main Deck
25. 00:41 Sector 2
26. 00:43 Sector 2
27. 00:46 Sector 4
28. 00:48 Sector 4
29. 00:50 Main Deck
30. 00:52 Sector 1
31. 00:55 Main Deck

--Mission Final 0:58 (9%)--

:P
WHAT??How do you people get sub-1:00? Mine goes WAY above 1:00...
They practice a lot.
A lot is not enough. Think: the time it takes to capture all pokémon 10~ times, and it's what I've put into the game.

I could, if I tried, beat my :54 in a few weeks.

And graveworm, I was 3 minutes after WD at meltdown, did one more segment (all the way to the end) and got :54. Could probably have gotten :53, but I restarted the save. Rolling Eyes

I'll try for real when I get a GBP, which should be shortly after may.
yeah, ShadowJedi
you are very good. i'd say, at moment you are as good as Nate in fusion. as soon as you get a GBA-Player, you should go for World record :P.

keep going :D
and shadowjedi, sorry for the double post, but i forgot to tell something:
and don't do what i did in my run: don't save as much as i saved as you can see above, haha. you would lose a lot time with that.i guess, if i hadn't saved over 30 times in my run, then i guess, my final time could have been about :54 - :55.

so, if i were you, i wouldn't save a lot, hehe :P
Myself I like SS or 3-4 segments for any% and 4-6 in 100% runs, to me, that looks way cooler than making a run in like 15-20 segments, but as we all know, that is way harder, so I'm glad I can watch speedruns at all from the great players of the Metroid games.
everybody knows it's true
Quote from tomatobob:
They practice a lot.

Some people DEVOTE their time to Metroid.

People like me 8)
Quote from Mr. Aran:
Quote from tomatobob:
They practice a lot.

Some people DEVOTE their time to Metroid.

People like me 8)

Ya, lately all I've been playing a lot of Metroid, I've put all my other games on hold until I can get a sub-hour Fusion run. And I've only been playing Nintendo games, because my PS2 been broking down for 3months Evil or Very Mad
Quote from ShadowJedi:
A lot is not enough. Think: the time it takes to capture all pokémon 10~ times, and it's what I've put into the game.

I actually don't know how long that would take, but I figure really long, I used a lot because it was nice and general, and the fact that I am incapable of devoting more than 2-3 hours a day to this game made it seem like a lot more than it actually is...
red chamber dream
Even two to three hours every day is a lot of time to devote to one game, although I frequently do it.
it's almost painful for me to devote that much time to this game, other games that's nothing...
Quote from Miles:
and shadowjedi, sorry for the double post, but i forgot to tell something:
and don't do what i did in my run: don't save as much as i saved as you can see above, haha. you would lose a lot time with that.i guess, if i hadn't saved over 30 times in my run, then i guess, my final time could have been about :54 - :55.

so, if i were you, i wouldn't save a lot, hehe :P
Well, I only save before or after something that's hard to pull off.

Quote from tomatobob:
Quote from ShadowJedi:

I actually don't know how long that would take, but I figure really long, I used a lot because it was nice and general, and the fact that I am incapable of devoting more than 2-3 hours a day to this game made it seem like a lot more than it actually is...
2-3 hours is what I can take for the first segment before I shut down and take a break :P.
I have a very high standard for that part of the game...

Quote from Miles:
yeah, ShadowJedi
you are very good. i'd say, at moment you are as good as Nate in fusion. as soon as you get a GBA-Player, you should go for World record :P.

keep going :D

Thanks, that's what I plan to do. Will take time, though...
hey, my time. Sorry for the bad quality.
red chamber dream
Wow, you can barely read that. Nice time, though.
Does that say 53: or 58:? Cant tell Embarassed I accept your apology for the bad quality.
Read a couple of posts up, it's 0:58.
Oh, I need some help getting sub hour.... I can only get 1:01 at the moment :(
Tip nr. 1: Never stop running.
Tip nr. 2: Find the fastest route through every room without having to stop to kill monsters.
Tip nr. 3: Don't take any damage. (Hard one)
Tip nr. 4: Be as vague as you possibly can.
everybody knows it's true
Quote from Ekarderif:
Tip nr. 4: Be as vague as you possibly can.

Tomatobob, I think this one is for you.
1:17 33%

I suck...