<- 1234 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
red chamber dream
It could certainly happen if wanted to do hidden speed trick/Sequence Break fora/topics here, but I think the general consensus is that that would be more trouble than it's worth and would lower the amount of people documenting tricks.
Strategy Guide Writer
Some good news though, Ghetto Jumps remain perfectly intact. :D I've successfully managed to Ghetto Jump up to the magma door in Hidden Court and also successfully 1BSJ up to the missile exp at the top of the half-pipe. :)
There's not much room to stand on the ledge for SW8, it might take a couple tries.

Try my 2bsj in Hangar Bay; I imagine they'd want to remove it since it can screw your game if you do it before the fight.

EDIT: Did you try late Grapple?
Strategy Guide Writer
Quote from Paraxade:
There's not much room to stand on the ledge for SW8, it might take a couple tries.

Try my 2bsj in Hangar Bay; I imagine they'd want to remove it since it can screw your game if you do it before the fight.

EDIT: Did you try late Grapple?

I suck at 2bsj's so errr, I haven't tried those yet. And I suck hard at roll SBSJ's as well...  Embarassed  Embarassed

I'll keep trying once I've tested a few other things (such as cell skips etc).

*edit 1*: Managed to successfully destroy the 2nd turret (on the left), before the 1st one. However, when I go back to get my ship to destroy the shield, the icon is missing. :? Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Every Bit Counts
Yeah. You need to go in and out of the turrot room after destroing the left 1 backwards.
enter Jungle Generator, leave Jungle Generator, reenter Jungle Generator. (you don't need to reload it, just leave and reenter)
Strategy Guide Writer
Thanks for the tips. I can confirm that it's also possible to do on the PAL version. :)
Is it still possible to get inside the glass with the Chozo statue in the second room of Elysia? (just see whether the little nook where you can jump on top of the glass is still there)
Quote from craztad:
Yep mills from watching the new video either you have the worst luck in the world with that instant unmorph or it really is fixed. That sucks. We really need a way to find tricks and not let the gamemakers know about them until the game comes out everywhere it is planned to come out in so everyone can sequence break equally. never gonna happen though

even if we could do it, would it be worth it even though they would find a bunch of things on their own?
I'm not sure if anyone has instant unmorphed on PAL MP3, but I can confirm that I have.
When you can, try SWing in Temple Bryyo, I don't think they can put invisible cielings in open rooms that have solid ships (and your own ship missle) coming straight from the air into the room, so maybe you can get into it...unless they take out the crates and pillars you need wich now that I think of it, it's very probable :(
Quote from el padrino:
When you can, try SWing in Temple Bryyo, I don't think they can put invisible cielings in open rooms that have solid ships (and your own ship missle) coming straight from the air into the room, so maybe you can get into it...unless they take out the crates and pillars you need wich now that I think of it, it's very probable :(

Why not?
Every Bit Counts
Quote from el padrino:

I doubt that they would remove the crates, but mabey make them slippery.
About SW5:

Quote from nate:
it's too late.

if it's removed then it wasn't because we found it.

If SW5 was too late then SW6 definitely is.
Quote from Fano7:
Quote from el padrino:

Maybe, but why wouldn't they remove the crates? They have no purpouse in the room.
Quote from nate:
my money's on the aurora chamber energy cell skip being fixed.

Either I'm blind and I missed it, or it hasn't been said, yet. Either way, the Energy Cell skip is definitely possible in the PAL version, too. Unfortunately I don't have a save near that Area, since I started over after finishing the game, but I can try to record it in a few days, if no one else does it before.
Wow, seriously? That trick was found like 2 days after the game came out, I can't believe they didn't fix it.
PAGE BREAKER
Ready and willing.
Quote from el padrino:
Quote from Fano7:

Maybe, but why wouldn't they remove the crates? They have no purpouse in the room.

The way programming works, it'd probably be easier to make them slippery. (Unless they're "standard" crates that carry items when you shoot them, but I doubt that's what we're talking about because then they wouldn't have "no purpose". Or purpouse.)
I dunno, Yoshi, it'd be easier to just remove them if they're used at any other point in the game.
Quote from Paraxade:
Wow, seriously? That trick [aurora chamber energy cells skip] was found like 2 days after the game came out, I can't believe they didn't fix it.

it's possible it wasn't fixed for the same reason it wasn't fixed in ntsc (i'm assuming they knew about it before ntsc was released). as for what that reason is, don't ask me.
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
or maybe fixing that required too much recoding...

also, sites like youtube would make hiding SBs impossible since either someone could find the stuff on their own and make a vid or someone could lurk this site, learn the tricks and make the vids (stealing credit along the way)

fortunately, the release gap wasn't that big so they didn't change much things. let's see how the jp version fares in a few months.

btw, has the hazard shield skip been tested?
the friend vouchers don't seem compatible across regions :(

edit- my pal in the pal region still hasn't got my vouchers or I his so it seems that they in fact, arn't compatible.
If you get to the top of Turbine Chamber in the NTSC version, using the teleport method, is there a trick to activate the spinners, or are they always activated?

If they are always activated in NTSC, the Berserker Lord fight in Elysia seems to be unskippable in the PAL version. You can get to the top of Turbine Chamber without problems, but the spinners aren't activated until after the fight.

Also, getting the Seeker Missile early works just fine on PAL.
Did you get Ship Grapple first? AFAIK the spinners aren't activated until you get it.
Yes, I did get the Ship Grapple. Without it there's not much to do up there anyway.

Edit: Upon thinking about it, I just went past the Transport Module by jumping onto a cradle arm and going down at the other side of the room, without actually removing the cradle arms. When I got back after getting the Ship Grapple, the cradle arms were removed automatically. I have no idea if this is relevant at all, though.