<- 1  -   of 125 ->
^^
vv
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Well, nate... it's just another form of the "natural" route.  I forget exactly what your "natural 100%" time was - somewhere between 2:20 and 2:30 IIRC - but even you admitted that while the route itself was the route Retro intended, you used many tricks to obtain the items and expansions faster.  So, Mills' route is more of a "no-sequence-breaking, no tricks" run.
Nice job on the run, Mills.  Can't wait to see it.  Which version of the game did you run (NTSC, PAL), and I'm also assuming this was normal difficulty mode?
Quote from MonsterERB:
Which version of the game did you run (NTSC, PAL), and I'm also assuming this was normal difficulty mode?

just look at the picture of andrew's final time again: you can see samus's whole body. so it's on pal version. on ntsc you can't see samus's whole body in the mission final page but only her face and she raises her right arm.

nice job andrew. i would be interested to watch your run.
btw i am also improving my natural route any% 1:39 run. i just finished part 19 and am saved in phazon mines at omega pirate with 33% in 1:10. 7 minutes faster than my 1:39 so far. the run will be in 23 segments.
After a long, long break i improved my 1.58 any% run. I got a 1.51 time. That´s a great improvement (and time) for me.  extra_smug But when i watching the sda runs.....  aiwebs_003

:P Who cares? In a few centurys i´m good enough for the sda.  grin new
Quote from psyman:
After a long, long break i improved my 1.58 any% run. I got a 1.51 time. That´s a great improvement (and time) for me.  extra_smug But when i watching the sda runs.....  aiwebs_003

:P Who cares? In a few centurys i´m good enough for the sda.  grin new

Good job about the improvment psyman. :P

Is anyone working on a new NTSC any% run? It doesn't have to be a sub hour run, because I don't think that it's really possible. Everyone would be very happy with a 1:03.
Speedrunner
I`m sure sub hour is not possible. I watch Kip video and this video looks perfect.

Only bad part his run are Metroid prime form 1 last chamber. I think lowest possible time in the game is 1.03, i think 1.02 is not possible, if you don,t found more speedtricks.
always move fast
sub hour is very possible...  not sure if anyone is going to do it in the near future, but it is definitely possible.
Speedrunner
Quote from bartendorsparky:
sub hour is very possible...  not sure if anyone is going to do it in the near future, but it is definitely possible.

Yeah it is possible if somebody here find more speedtrick or better route beat Kip time.
I'm not as knowledgeable as sparky, but with the speed tricks that are known now, 1:01 should be very possible. I can see the time even going below that though.

I really wonder how many people would want to watch a run that is a couple minute improvement of kip's. Is the general Metroid public not getting tired of watching speed runs by now? I'd like to read some thoughts.
always move fast
i've always viewed speedruns as demonstrations of sorts.  so if a current speedrun has so many tricks, another one isn't really needed until a route change, huge time saver, etc. is found, or just lots of little tricks, and so forth.  while im sure some people do like speedruns even if they are a tiny bit faster and have nothing new, those have never particularly interested me. 

and there are plenty of new, though mostly very minor, 'new' tricks that kips run doesn't have, so don't anyone worry about that.
i'm sure this is NOT impressive but...

best time: 12:02

best time in impact crater:00:15 :):):):):):)
red chamber dream
Quote from kcaltrain:
i'm sure this is NOT impressive but...

best time: 12:02

Well, hey, at least you were brave enough to post that. Just keep trying to get faster.
Quote from silent (((((echo))))):

Thank you.  :P

@sparky
I thought you try a sub 1 hour run? Or was it just my imagination? I could swear that i read that here a few month ago.
SJ13, are you saying that you could try to beat kip's time yourself? I'm pretty sure you have the skills required to do so.  Wink
If a new any% run is made, I would definitely watch it. Even if it was only 15 seconds faster, I think I would watch it.
Quote from psyman:
Quote from silent (((((echo))))):

Thank you.  :P

@sparky
I thought you try a sub 1 hour run? Or was it just my imagination? I could swear that i read that here a few month ago.

Last time I heard, he was working on it but said dont expect it to be done in a few years :) I only know TRH is/will work on it.
red chamber dream
Quote from smilingjack13:
I really wonder how many people would want to watch a run that is a couple minute improvement of kip's. Is the general Metroid public not getting tired of watching speed runs by now? I'd like to read some thoughts.

I am definitely interested in seeing kip's time beaten and would certainly watch the run. Would put it on my iPod, even. :)  What I'd really like to see (and think is entirely possible) is a :59. Completing the game in under an hour is the next thing Prime needs - I guarantee there will be huge interest in watching that.
And if anyone is to do it, it'd be sj or sparky.
Did you exclude me on purpose or did you just forget?
fork. >;(
So, trh, are you working on an any%?

It would be nice to know if you are.
Can't say I am, unfortunately. Didn't want to spend the money on a DVD recorder, my old VCR is close to useless so hopefully my parents will purchase a DVD recorder/Media Center soon enough. I do play Prime occasionally though, and I'm more or less obliged to do a run sooner or later.
I am working on a bit of a run now, which may be somewhere close to kip's time, but I'm not attempting to beat him. I'm really not putting much time into it, so just stay tuned and it'll be done soon.

A 00:59 would be really cool. I don't know if I would want to try it myself, just because it would take a lot of effort and I've already done too many MP runs. But maybe I'll take another look at it when I finish up the run I'm on now.
my umbrella goes directly to Bankai
a lot of people would get very interested in a sub hour run.
for some reason, the effect of 00:59 compared to 1:00 is similar to $99 and $100 price tags. the $99 one sounds way more appealing despite being just 1 buck of difference.

also, the curiosity to find out where someone could shave off 5 minutes of the current run would be big even if the route looks the same.
kyupi+yakisoba=win
I just made the best single segment 100% percent run of my life. It was a 1:39 which beat my old 1:40 barely but i was so proud of myself. This was my first attempt since working on hard mode forever and getting nowhere. I also have my brother to compete with now and that helps a lot. He is getting down in the low 1:40s now so i have to try harder. we hook up two gamecubes in the same room and race like crazy to the end. It is so much fun.
wow, that is very close to the record. clearly you have skillz.
Did a SS run just for fun.

1:51
39%

I'll never play metroid prime again, I can't stand playing it, I hate this game, the jumping and morph ball mechanics are horrible,  among other reasons...